Leaving my coach's office in the centre of town I planned to walk back to the school's parking lot to drive home.
Stepping out to the street, I wondered, "Should I go and buy a new journal before going home?"
"Yes," I answered myself and started walking to a bookshop in opposite direction from my original destination.
I didn't get very far when I changed my mind and turned around.
After walking for some time I changed my mind again and headed to another bookshop.
I have had some very simple journals and over time I have discovered that I prefer a journal that speaks to me. It doesn't have to be fancy nor sparkly. I'd like the cover to bring some joy, be a bit quirky or inspirational, or cute, or optimistic.
This time I bought one journal with a smiley face and one with a message "Start before you're ready." This message spoke to me today.
Great choice! Buy ALL the journals! I find appealing stationery hard to resist so I understand your quandary. And "start before you're ready" is a useful message to have in close proximity. - Sherri
ReplyDeleteGlad you went back for the journals even though you changed directions a couple of times. Definitely need to have a journal that speaks to you otherwise it might never get opened.
ReplyDeleteOne can never have too many journals!! So glad you followed through and got 2, both with inspiring covers.
ReplyDeleteI wish I was comfortable writing in a journal. I find it's too much pressure, and I prefer to write on the computer, where I can keep revising. I'm jealous that you have two bookstores within walking distance of each other. Enjoy your new journals.
ReplyDeleteI have found that journals DO make a difference. I just bought a new one myself, hoping that it inspires more writing!
ReplyDeleteI could relate to your indecision-yes, no, yes, no. I'm glad 'yes' won and you have an inspiring new journal! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you bought the journals. Sometimes I but the ones whose covers speak to me, other times I go for the one that has the paper I need. I guess it depends on my mood!
ReplyDelete"Start before you're ready" is a great message! I'm a sucker for journals too, and have purchased more than I need. I think us writers can't get enough of them. They bring promise for writing.
ReplyDelete