Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Reflection week 3

Spring started today. Really? There were no signs of it when I ploughed through the snow like on a polar expedition, hunching and pulling my hood down to protect my face from the snow slapping on my face. The blizzard had wiped all the footsteps of anyone who might have been on the road before me. Then again all sensible people had probably stayed inside. The only other person I saw far away was a dog walker. I was out because my body needed movement after participating in a day long webinar. Here again, reasonable people would probably not add hours of webinar to their Saturday schedule after a week of distance learning. Participating in this month long daily writing challenge had already proved that I might not be the most reasonable person. I am happy though. Happy to learn. Happy to walk. Happy to write. I am back on my living room sofa.  

I celebrate that I am still keeping up with the daily writing. I celebrate that I introduced SOL to my students. I am impressed with the learning spirit my kids are showing. I haven't heard a single complaint or a second of whining. I celebrate that I was able to write posts other than distance learning, including humour, art and poetry, and joining Leigh Anne's party. 

My plan for this week was to seek balance during the distance learning week. Failed with this. For writing, I didn't have a plan other than not quitting. Succeeded with that. I relied on some old favourite and safe ways of writing - ::right now and book spine poem. 

I appreciate the way slicers offer ideas, prompts and forms for inspiration. I appreciate that people keep showing up on their blogs even when they are exhausted. I appreciate that people take the time to comment besides writing own slices. All of this gives strength to continue slicing. We are two thirds done with the challenge. Eleven more days to go. We can make it!

Wishing you a sweet Sunday! Write a slice of life! Eat a slice of cake! 



 



9 comments:

  1. Oh, Terje, I love your weekly reflections. I celebrate with you that we are 2/3 of the way through this challenge. "Eat a slice of cake," makes me think of Mole from the book The boy, the mole, the fox, and the horse. I'm eating cookies today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I didn't have a plan other than not quitting. Succeeded with that." Seems like a huge amount of success to me! Walking in a blizzard when dancing in the living room would be an alternative option to move your body seems to add to the evidence of suspected stubbornness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your undaunted spirit. I love how you go outside when the sensible souls would not just because you need to move your body. I love how the plan for writing is just to keep writing. This is how we find the glimmers of life and joy. So glad to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr - the picture you painted with words at the beginning of your post made me shiver! I hope spring gets to you soon in your neck of the woods! Your description of blogging with your students made me miss those years! I always loved the Classroom SOL challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You describe being outside so clearly, I feel it and was happy you got back to sitting on your couch. Then I feel more energized after reading about all you are grateful for. I honestly just posted and struggled to have something. But I did it. And your post feels like the pep talk I need to keep it going. Thank you. Stay warm and I wish you springtime weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eleven days left - hard to believe. We hit 57 degrees here so it was a good way to begin spring - also a good day for our drive. I plan to bake a cake and I promise to eat a slice and dedicate it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eleven days left - hard to believe. We hit 57 degrees here so it was a good way to begin spring - also a good day for our drive. I plan to bake a cake and I promise to eat a slice and dedicate it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you be so cheerful despite the weather, your take and description are so fun to read and reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are keeping up with everything, including slicing, despite your exhaustion. I can imagine that's difficult.
    We had a blast of colder weather this weekend, but nothing like you. I sure hope the signs of spring come soon for you!

    ReplyDelete