Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Celebrate




You don't know what to write
on this morning of stillness

Lifting a line from Kristiina Ehin's New Moon Morning I wrote my own little poemish slice

**********************

You don't know what to write
on this morning of stillness
don't believe words can
don't dare to capture
moment so tender
gentle breaths
sleeping hearts
feelings waltzing
to the tune of motherly love
hoping for quiver of perfect to last
and not leave
and not change
You set free the dream of forever
let go let go let go
softly falling
first rays of light catching you
and you don't know
write
on this morning of stillness

*********************

I celebrate that after a long time all my three daughters were at home.



15 comments:

  1. Enjoy the time with your daughters. Time to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem and a special time with your daughters. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's as if you wrote while you held your breath, Terje, holding that moment of stillness, too. Love the feeling you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that timing. We are on the same wavelength. Love the poem idea.. a la Kevin :)
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The line you “lifted” to start your poem is beautiful, and your poem harmonizes w/ that stillness. I like the circularity you create by returning to the first line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea...and a perfect poem. Love this best:
    "hoping for quiver of perfect to last
    and not leave
    and not change"

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely poem. The borrowed line is beautiful and you use it well. The lines, "You set free the dream of forever/let go let go let go" really spoke to me, and I agree with Linda B who said that it feels as if the whole poem was written while holding your breath. These moments are so fleeting - let go let go let go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous poem. I can just feel that moment of contentment and stillness! That must be lovely to have all of your daughters home. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning poem! I have also found lifting a line is a great way to get going when you are stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful capture of this moment of joy:
    "moment so tender
    gentle breaths
    sleeping hearts
    feelings waltzing
    to the tune of motherly love
    hoping for quiver of perfect to last"
    You capture what we often feel when everyone is under the roof again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pure loveliness. "You set free the dream of forever," really struck me and I felt wrapped up yet loose when you went into the "let go" line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Line lifting is such a great idea! Beautiful poem. Enjoy having all your girls together! Special moments captured forever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! When I read your last sentence, I went back and re-read your poem with a different lens... one that is personally familiar to me. So often we must "... set free the dream of forever / let go let go let go." It is a thought I've been pondering and may write about this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three daughters home with you and you celebrating the stillness-how lovely, Terje.

    ReplyDelete