Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

My life in lists - 45

Today I turn 45.

My life in lists
9 x 5 = 45

People
  1. mom and dad
  2. husband and three daughters
  3. sister, brother-in-law and two nephews
  4. students
  5. colleagues - friends
Things that matter to me the most at this point of my life
  1. Family
  2. Health
  3. Home
  4. Learning
  5. Leadership
Learning
  1. Tallinn 21. School 
  2. Tallinn Pedagogical University
  3. Junior year abroad at Smith College
  4. CEESA/ECIS Literacy Coach training program
  5. Tallinn Education Innovation Center Education for Future program
Short summer jobs
  1. babysitting
  2. tour guide in medieval Town Hall
  3. delivering mail by bike in five little country villages
  4. working in a gardening school
  5. selling handicraft in a little shop
Countries
  1. Estonia (Tallinn, Kohila, Kolga-Aabla)
  2. USA (Northampton MA, Seattle WA, Washington DC, Bowling Green KY)
  3. Norway 
  4. Netherlands 
  5. China
Hobbies
  1. Reading
  2. Dancing
  3. Blogging
  4. Photography
  5. Walking

Areas to improve  (working on each to some degree)
  1. mindfulness
  2. nutrition
  3. strength
  4. decluttering
  5. meal planning
Favorite times and places
  1. Drinking tea and reading a book on a living room sofa on Saturday
  2. Sitting on a quiet sandy beach on a warm summer evening
  3. Enjoying a day off with my daughters in a cafe followed by a trip to a bookstore
  4. Walking to work through Tallinn Old Town early in the morning
  5. Watching a play or a ballet on Thursday evening with friends
Surprising moments 
  1. cherry blossom parade in Washington DC
  2. lunch with French ambassador's wife
  3. drinking tea with a Buddhist monk, two school directors and one school owner
  4. standing on the Great Wall of China
  5. listening to Barack Obama from the first row of a balcony in Tallinn
I could have written different lists. I could have written longer list. I could have written more lists. Today I wrote them like this.

Here is my little gift to you on my birthday:






15 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! It's a beautiful life! Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Terje. It's a beautiful forty-five things that are part of who you are, in a nutshell at least. I suspect you could write many more lists as you said. I remember posts of many of them, or about them. Hope your day is just as you wish, full of family and flowers and beautiful walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What beautiful photographs. Thanks for sharing these and the 45 things of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy march birthday ! My birthday is tomorrow sister Aries !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you worked as a tour guide! You would have been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics, beautiful slice, beautiful woman! Happy birthday, Terje.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a very happy birthday!!! Thank you for sharing your lists and photos. I love this format, but won;t be able to use on my next birthday. I'll be 53 and that is Prime Number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Thanks for the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! I love that you shared these lists...such an insight into the person you are. Hope you have a fantastic day!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Terje. May you have a wonderful day. Your presents to us are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to you. What a clever way to write and celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to you, Terje! Forty-five is a good year; may your dreams be fulfilled this year. Thank you for the lovely photographs and your fun listing of 45.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy, happy Birthday Terje - loved your list, especially the surprising moments. Barack Obama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember reading the slice about the time you heard Obama!

      Delete

  14. Happy Birthday!

    I really enJOYed reading your lists and learning more about you.

    Beautiful photos. You have a gift for words and photos.

    ReplyDelete