"Do you have a minute?" S. popped her head through the door.
I wish I had a minute, a whole jar full of minutes, a piggy bank of hours, a credit card of days. But you can't own time. Time - it just is. You can't have it, save it, give it, lose it, manage it, stretch it, or run out of it. Time just is and you within it.
"Sure I have a minute. How can I help you?" I reply
Terje,
ReplyDeleteHoly Mackerel, this piece is fantastic! The word choice is thoughtful and precise: "a whole jar full of minutes, a piggy bank of hours, a credit card of days." I hear ya, sister! It seems like there is never enough time. And then I am reminded by a friend, Lase vabaks. "Time just is and you within it." Inspiring, AND well written.
I can't wait to read what's next.
Erin
This is fabulous! Each word works to create just the right thought...love it!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading some more.
I love this piece - I think of a canning jar with irridescent spots - minutes in time.
ReplyDelete