Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I want to be in the passenger seat

How convenient. She just sits, buckles up, grabs a book from her school bag, and reads the whole way home. While she is snug, carefree, oblivious to everything around her, I have to stay vigilant, steer the wheel, switch gears, put on the breaks, or accelerate. I sweat and bite my lips feeling threatened by the speedy arrogant cars around me. I want to be at the passenger seat! I am ready to pout and stamp my feet. Not a good idea when my feet are on the pedals. All I can do is to go with the flow.
I do get to be at the passenger seat when my husband drives. I can sit back, relax, and let go of the control.
The same in life. Usually I hold the wheel of my life, choose the direction and speed, decide and react. But I love it when my husband takes care of everything, allowing me to sit back, relax, and let go of the control.

2 comments:

  1. It is when you totally trust the driver can you sit back and relax in the passenger seat. That is the best feeling of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear you! How I'd love to be in the passenger seat of life. Feet kicked up with a book in one hand and a fancy coffee in the other.

    ReplyDelete