Curled tightly, knees almost under his chin, back arched, forehead pressed against the window S.(9) looked like a bean ready to sprout. What was he thinking? What was he doing? I went closer.
"Here is a little bug. Just one. I am observing him. I'll write about him." S explained.
Later he showed me his writing.
Bug
I found him sitting on the windowsill all by himself. I will keep him company.
I was struck by how your interaction with S resembled S's interaction with the bug. S sounds empathetic.
ReplyDeleteGreat description of S. I was afraid something bad had happened. I was quite relieved to find he was observing a bug. Love his final sentence!
ReplyDeleteTerje,
ReplyDeleteI agree with Elsie, I was concerned for S at first, but then I giggled out loud when I read his poem. I think Nora is onto something, it was like S was mimicking the bug. A sweet piece that captures a brief moment. It also feels rather Spring-ish, just the very beginning when life only appears a little bit. Just one bug. :)
Erin
"looked like a bean ready to sprout"...love that description. S sounds like a reflective thinker. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, for a picture, with that story, maybe titled "Slices of My Heart". Very good imagery.
ReplyDelete