Curious to know what waited ahead I went to the living room.
Sitting on a floor she solemnly stared at a yellow ball on top of a glass jar in front of her.
I sat next to her.
"I am a fortune teller. I predict the future and give advice," she announced with a low and serious voice.
"What kind of advice do you give?" I wondered.
"I give good advice to everyone," she suddenly relaxed, her face lit up, and she looked staright into my eyes.
"When I get tired of giving advice to everyone, I will give them the best advice ever:
Think for yourself!"
Text in Estonian:
KUITETAHATETEATAMISTEIEKAJUHTUPTULEVIKUSMINKEOTSE (Mimm 6.)
Kui te tahate teada, mis teiega juhtub tulevikus, minge otse.
Haha! Good advice! Love the picture to go along with the text.
ReplyDeleteA quaint slice, but a great one. I love the picture. It adds to the overall affect of the piece. She sounds so adorable!
ReplyDeleteToo funny. Sometimes I think I get tired of thinking for myself. Maybe it's because I have many decisions to make. Love the post with the conversation. MaryHelen
ReplyDeleteNow that's a great way to end this...think for yourself. A very smart 6 year old who made your day :)
ReplyDeleteBonnie
I used to babysit a private investigator. She would come up to me and say, "Did you notice that ______ seems to be missing? I could find it for you...for a fee." I haven't thought about that in a while!
ReplyDeleteWise beyond her years. The perfect way to come home...how sweet!
ReplyDeleteI think you have a budding writer in your house, already trained with sticky notes! It's a great six year old story. Like Milne, "now that I'm six I'm clever as clever".
ReplyDeleteSo creative! I love when kids share a piece of their imagination with us even if for just a brief moment!
ReplyDeleteYour slice put a smile on my face. Such wisdom from a wee one. I may have to write her advice on a sentence strip for our Words of Wisdom wall. ~Theresa
ReplyDeleteTerje,
ReplyDeleteWhy are little kids so smart? You have taught her well, giving her the room and encouragement to think for herself. Thank you for sharing the words and letters of a young writer, even if there aren't spaces.
Erin