Hurrying across the cobblestone streets of Old Tallinn, I worried I might be late to a Saturday breakfast date with a friend. We had planned, scheduled, cancelled, rescheduled, and postponed this date starting from mid January. Life had rolled unexpected obstacles to both sides. In the morning I was glad I had not received another message pushing our meeting further away.
It was past 10:00a.m. Even though I had woken early I had not eaten breakfast knowing that the restaurant had a decent choice of breakfast and tons of delicious cakes. I even skipped drinking tea ready to rely on their tea selection.
When I entered the fifth floor spacious room with floor to ceiling windows looking towards the old town, it appeared empty, not a person in sight. I spotted my friend sitting near a window behind a large monstera. The waiter came from a kitchen.
After I had freed myself of my coat and scarf and after exchanging smiles and greetings I noticed that my friend had already ordered a cup of something. I looked closer. Oh my, the cuteness of her cafe latte art was adorable.
I forgot my tea and ordered mango chai latte instead. Just because of the foam art. What a surprise morning delight to add to already wonderful day of spending time with a friend.


Cute foam art always gives me delight!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to bring a smile to someone’s face. arjeha
ReplyDeleteLove the slow way you revealed your surprise...and what a cute surprise it was! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! What a great treat- catching up with a friend and enjoying art!
ReplyDeleteWow I've never seen latter art that was so detailed! It really elevates the simple act of getting a coffee! Love the photos!
ReplyDeleteAfter a harried morning, the latte foam art really helps to slow things down. Enjoyed this slice about the details in life.
ReplyDeleteThat is an absolutely treat! That art would surely brighten anyone's day. What a creative coffee spot!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!
ReplyDelete