It used to be Winter Wonderland for many weeks in Estonia.
And now it isn't.
The snow has been melting for three days, revealing the muck and dog shit on the ground. At the same time the paths are slippery with water covered ice. Walking has become hazardous. The trees look sad. The darkness rules the days.
And here's the choice: to accept the situation or weep for what is gone. The weather doesn't care either way.
Appreciating this kind of weather might be a stretch.
I do appreciate my light and warm home.
**********
Photo: Window view of the Winter Wonderland in the evening.

And the plants in the window...I know gray really well, have become somewhat of an expert, and appreciate it as I never thought I would. Hazardous walking, though, that's a tough sell. Enjoy your cozy home; this, too, shall pass.
ReplyDelete" accept the situation or weep for what is gone" - so true!! You need a toddler or a puppy to appreciate the muck and mud, I suppose. I'm sorry your winter wonderland has disappeared! We just had a wild stormy day on the east coast, USA, with nary a bit of snow all the way in Maine (where I have family)...only loss of power. Just crazy!
ReplyDeleteWe have no control over the weather. We just have to accept whatever comes our way. We haven't had a measurable snowfall here yet, but winter is just beginning. arjeha
ReplyDeleteYou are right that weather does not care! Around here, snow has been scarce (thank goodness) but we had 5 inches of rain in just 10 hours and are left with lots of flooding and wet basements. But ae you said, the weather really does not care one tiny bit!
ReplyDeleteOh - what I wish for - a white Christmas! Beautiful! Thank you!
ReplyDelete