Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Living in a winter wonderland

If usually Estonians complain their winter to be "months of bad skiing weather" or "too freezing"and hate the darkness, then right now, the road conditions aside, we have the most gorgeous winter. 

The snow fell overnight, wet and heavy, stuck to the trees, then froze, and a few days later received a soft fluffy layer, and now we live in a winter wonderland.

Usually this kind of beauty lasts for a few days only, now we have had it for a week, and fingers crossed, we hope it will continue. 






8 comments:

  1. Truly winter wonderland. I love the touches of red in the snow-laden tree. I don't know what Estonian weather is like where you are, but I see water fowl swimming, so no ice-skating...yet?! Enjoy this frosted world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great attitude- that bad winter days are when the skiing isnt good! I enjoyed being transported to your winter wonderland. I especially love the soft buttery yellow sunlight in two photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these photos of your absolutely breathtakingly beautiful country. The snow and ice are simply stunning here in the quiet and peaceful (hygge) feel of the extreme cold, knowing there is warmth by fireside waiting inside. Perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos and this heavy snowfall. Here in Minnesota, USA we got a dusting of snow but it is melting away. We are warmer than usually so I am wondering if the holidays will be white and certainly no ice skating here yet. Thanks for sharing your winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures depicting the beauty of winter. We haven't had a snowfall here yet. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow in Arlington, Virginia yet, so I loved seeing your photos. Thanks for shairng.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos of your Winter Wonderland. No snow for us in coastal Texas so I live vicariously through others...thank you for sharing with photos...just BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete