Driving out of our little town I saw my husband turning his head slightly and glancing towards the forest.
Having done the same thing I asked, "Are you looking to see whether the blue anemone are blooming already?"
"Yeah, but I can't see any," he answered with a tad of disappointment in his voice.
"Me neither," I responded sadly.
The same day in the evening, setting out for a walk, almost without thinking, our feet took us to the direction of the forest. I secretly hoped we might find some small flowers on the southern corner of the forest. I sensed my husband having a similar hope.
"See, see there's one, and there's another one," my husband pointed to small little blossoms peeking up from last years' dead leaves.
"They are so small. And closed. Almost impossible to notice," I said.
"The sun is behind the clouds, that's why," my husband commented.
The next day when my mom, my sister, my nephews and my oldest daughter came to visit, I took them, and my youngest daughter, for a walk to the same forest.
"Wow, look, the ground is so blue!" my daughter exclaimed.
With the sun shining the blue anemone had opened their blossoms and many patches of them coloured the forest floor blue.
I had been waiting for them so long. My favourite spring flowers.



“Good things come to those who wait, not to those who hesitate.” That was my third thought as I read. The first is you’re not alone in the waiting for flowers to bloom. I was finally able to plant the tulip bulbs I brought from the Netherlands yesterday. The second is a wish you’d post photos, and you did. They did not disappoint. Gorgeous flowers.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. I can picture the smile on your faces when you spotted these beauties. It is always such a joy to see what we have been waiting for.
ReplyDeleteAfter the rain and cold we have had, I was happy that I did not plant flowers yet. I am glad that you shared a gorgeous flower sighting. I captured the first photo for my Poetryliscious Gallery. They are such a beauty to behold.
ReplyDeleteThey're so beautiful! I'm glad you found them, and found so many that the ground was "so blue"! As much as I love all flowers, there are a few that I wait for every year. My signposts that spring is really coming is Forsythia. It's sunny yellow makes me feel warm even before the temperatures rise.
ReplyDeleteI know just how you're feeling. The variety of cherry trees in front of my house are always the last trees to bloom in my area, but when they do it is amazing. They are gorgeous right now, and it makes me smile every time I look out my window or walk by them.
ReplyDelete