Pages

Friday, April 29, 2022

the moments for me

crocuses and starlings

sunshine and blue skies

looks like spring

chill runs up my back

(I ignore the wind)

 

train ride

(reading time)

 

city streets

so much of everything

pigeons, pedestrians, cars, scooters

noise, speed, dust

(surprised I am here)

 

head dizzy from scents

luxury bath bombs as a gift

for my firstborn 

makes no sense how time flies

it’s her age not mine that tells me I might be old

(and I am not)

 

kitsune, libarebane, fox

shapeshifting

power, age, wisdom

one theme, forty-eight illustrators 

talent and skills unlimited

alone at the exhibition I could be anyone

it takes time to get used to one’s skin

(when did my hands get wrinkled)

 

one room bookstore, an exercise of restraint

four books - good choice, never a disappointment

words cram the brain, run in the blood, 

beat in the heart of writers 

word magicians,

weaving nets to catch the readers

(I am tangled)

 

(train ride)

 

I fish out a fresh book

the cover smells like geraniums 

with a hint of lemon

the anticipation of reading twists into a distant memory

I was a child once

or maybe a fox

I am sure a metaphor is hidden in this moment 

(but it escapes me)



Selena Leardini's "A Fox in the Heart"





2 comments:

  1. This post was a beautiful journey itself. Thank you for taking us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tangled too! I love how you captured so much about your trip in this poem. Train ride (reading time)! For me, anytime I capture reading time is sublime time.

    ReplyDelete