Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Book spine poem

Yesterday I used "Right Now" (one of my annual go to format) to create my slice.

Today I turn to Book Spine Poem, another regular slice of expressing myself. 

I enjoy choosing the books to see what they have to say together. This year "The Art of Living" was the starter book and I chose others that would go with it. I created one stack, took a photo and returned the books to the shelf. When I was cleaning the kitchen counters and scrubbing the sink, I had an idea to try another order of the books. Only after I had played with my books I looked at the last years' poems only to find out that some books have become regular performers in this creation. 

Art Matters
The Artist's Way
The Book of Beautiful Questions
Atlas of the Heart
The Art of Living


The Book of Beautiful Questions
Atlas of the Heart
The Artist's Way
Art Matters
The Art of Living

7 comments:

  1. I don't know the Beautiful Questions book so I am off to check it out! Thank you for the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I'm doing a genre challenge this year and am adding to my list. Thanks for the suggestion! ... somehow hadn't thought of it as writing & how lame of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spine poetry. It’s fitting that “art” figures heavily in you choice of titles. You’ve given me an idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was waiting for this post because I know you do one every March for the challenge. It is amazing how books can be stacked so that their titles develop a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was to check out The Art of Living and Art Matters. I love The Artist's Way, too. These are lovely spine poems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poems no matter which way you stack them. I have spine poems on my list for this last week! It is certainly a go-to for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't written one yet this year. I may have found one of my slices for this final week. Just popped over to my library site to check the status on Atlas of the Heart. I'm #48 in line out of 119 titles. Moving up the list!

    ReplyDelete