When I started this month's challenge, I wasn't sure how to prepare, or whether I should prepare at all, and just in case I made a list of possible topics, considering it my safety net for the times I couldn't find a slice during a day. And guess what? I used only one thing from the list and therefore now I have a whole list of things I didn't write about. I look back at the posts that I wrote and all of them are the just right posts for those days. I look a the list in the journal and feel that the list deserves a place in this blog also. So this is what I choose to share with you today.
The thirty things I didn’t write about during the challenge:
- How I choose books and follow recommendations
- On learning to ask questions
- The wise woman and the fool in me
- Prompts, challenges and invitations
- The benefits and challenges of writing 100 things on a list
- 100 things about me as a writer (I wrote a draft in a journal)
- My pedagogical philosophy
- Why I can’t clean my bookshelves in Marie Kondo style
- Experimenting with food vs. everyday meals
- The benefits of a morning walk
- Why it is ok to receive socks for Christmas
- I am not ...
- Accepting children as they are
- Stealing like an artist and other advice from Austin Kleon
- Discovering podcasts
- Webinars in a living room vs workshops in a café
- Accepting that I can’t read all the books I wish to read
- Joy in discovering young people who are smarter than me
- How waiting long enough makes some tasks disappear
- Dreaming of alternative mornings
- Redesigning reports
- Action as a purpose of learning
- How getting even one thing done on the to-do-list is a win
- What the age limit of being a young writer is
- Not everyone can move to a lake or become a yoga teacher
- Never too old to ice-skate
- On turning 49
- How I have changed as a person over a decade of writing
- The female leaders of Estonia
- The power of five minutes

It is great to have a list of topics to choose from even if you don't need them. They are always there to fall back on. You did find a great way to use them.
ReplyDeleteComparing a list of topics to a safety net is perfect! There are so many topics here that I'd love to read about some day; maybe their day will come. :)
ReplyDeleteA couple of years I wrote lists like this! And mostly, I didn't use them. Today I'm in the process of writing a list of poems I could write IF I wrote a novel in verse for National Poetry Month. I wonder how many of those I will use.
ReplyDeleteLists are good to make. They provide me with a bit of comfort and control. I wonder about the longevity of this kind of list. That would be an interesting thing to look at. Next year, is this still a list of topics that you could choose from?
ReplyDeleteI am fully intrigued by lots of these topics! I hope you eventually decide to write about not everyone being able to move to a lake or become a yoga teacher and your joy in finding young people who are smarter than you. And I'll concur - we're never too old to ice skate!
ReplyDeleteAfter reading this, I WISH I kept a list of things I didn't write about. Every day, there were several of them. Perhaps I will keep this list next year...
ReplyDeleteI love that you took your list from the beginning of the month and turned it into its own slice. That's so perfect! And now you have a bunch of prompts for future use in other areas.
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome list!!
ReplyDeleteI could easily have many of these prompts on a list of my own! Good thing you saved this for future inspiration. I would like to know more about many of the prompts.
ReplyDeleteGosh - so many good topics to write about in the future! You have SOLSC all mapped out for 2022!
ReplyDeleteLove this list! How on earth could those of us who love and breathe books clean bookshelves Marie Kondo style? And how getting even one thing done on the to-do list is a win! Yes, your list inspires, just as your words do! Here's to sharing another decade together.
ReplyDeleteFunny that we both had how we choose books and get book recommendations on our lists of topics we didn't write about! I read the preface to your list but not the list itself before I wrote mine, as I didn't want to be too influenced. This was a fun topic and felt just right for the last day. I hope there are a few topics here you'll still write about!
ReplyDeleteLove your list and the extra peek at your life it gives us! I hope some of these will turn into Tuesday slices! I didn't have a list when I started, but I also ended up with more than 30 future slice ideas because I kept thinking of ideas every day that I didn't end up using! Guess I have no excuse for not writing on Tuesdays now!
ReplyDelete