If you think of our writing challenge we have received three gifts each day - our own slices, the comments, and the words other people share in their slices. Today feels like the right day to create a found poem with the words I picked form the comments to my slices.
Here's to a month of great writing!
we are not alone
our writing souls
friends from across the world
in search of inspiration
playfulness and beauty
slowing down and noticing
focus on the moment
journals full
notes and snippets
all of the details
nuggets of goodness
found the joy
one day at at time
ordinary days are poetic
writing is a comfort
appreciate and celebrate
keep that pen nearby

This is fantastic! I would have never thought to do this, but it makes me look at my comments with new eyes and appreciation!
ReplyDeleteWe are not alone...friends from across the world
ReplyDeleteTerje, these first three lines would have seemed a true world away ten years ago. In this writing community, friends from across the world are right here - sharing a writer’s soul! Beautiful!
I LOVE this idea - think I am going to try it today. Thank you for the inspiration and for the years of sharing slices and comments. Keep that pen nearby ...
ReplyDeleteOh my! What a lovely way to revisit our comments! I too may have to try this - might be one of my first poems for National Poetry month! “We are not alone” fits so well!
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely summary of all that is good in this shared Challenge! I would tag this with the reminder to visit it again next February, when you consider joining again. I may do the same!
ReplyDeleteThis is yet another brilliant idea for a slice! "We are not alone" and "keep that pen handy" are good mottos for March!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea and great result. Love the poem!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic way to look at this month of writing. So many nuggets of wisdom drawn from comments.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic way to look at this month of writing. So many nuggets of wisdom drawn from comments.
ReplyDeleteI love found poems! This is a precious gift to the community, honoring all our writing. This line jumps out at me with joy - "ordinary days are poetic." Love that!
ReplyDeleteI love this and may even recognize a phrase from me in your found poem! Since comfort is my OLW for 2021, "writing is a comfort" is my favorite line.
ReplyDeleteWe may see lots of these pop up for tomorrow's slices.
What a beautiful poem...and to think you found all these words in your comments! I like how you crafted your poem.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely poem, so well put together from those comments, that must have taken quite a bit of work! It reads beautifully and reminds us of the joy of writing.
ReplyDeleteI love this! Maybe I will do it tomorrow to end this month of slicing.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I am taking more time today to read some slices and that Clare gave you a shout out because I missed reading this on the 30th. I love this idea. I will go look at my comments and see what happens. No matter what, it makes sesne to reread comments and reflect. So glad we are in this writing community together. Better together!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful poem, and I love that you created it from comments you received!!! That really highlights the beautiful connectedness of this challenge that you describe so beautifully at the beginning of the poem. I also loved how the poem moved from the connectedness to the personal nature of writing, and the hopefulness of future writing with the last line. Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDelete