Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

Joining Leigh Anne's Party

I have been waiting for this invitation. Today it arrived and I am excited I can join Leigh Anne's Party. Passing it on. No people limit - this is special in these times where parties are banned and we have to hibernate in quiet solitude. 


You can read what Leigh Anne has brought at her blog.


I will bring:

Some mindfulness practice -  in our school we have a group of teachers who met (when we had school) every Tuesday morning and we shared the different mindfulness exercises we had come across - like finger breathing, petal practice, a teddy-on-a-belly, breathe and doodle, Stop/Take a breath/Observe/Proceed, and many others. Since you have a marker and a journal (small whiteboard and whiteboard marker are even better) available we'll start with breath waves. You put your marker on the left edge of the paper/board and close your eyes. Every time you breathe in, the writing tool goes up. When you breathe out, the marker goes down. Your breath leads the marker up and down, up and down, up and down, until you reach the other side of the paper/board. Then gently, with eyes closed, bring the marker back to the left edge of the paper/board and continue, up and down, up and down, up and down. 2-3 minutes. 

A nap - I appreciate that this party is about self-care. Sleep, nap, dozing off; you may be wrapped in a soft fleece on a sofa or tucked under the fluffy bed covers; dressed in PJs or yoga pants and T-shirt; the hair maybe completely undone and no make-up needed - all of the choices fine. Just don't set an alarm. 

WII Just Dance - sometimes you need the opposite of rest for self-care. Following dance moves of some colorful human bodies on a screen, trying to get little stars and "perfect" moves, and singing along to the tunes if breath allows, takes your mind off from any worry that might have existed there before. 

(I know that Leigh Anne asked to bring only three things, but I hope she doesn't mind if I slip a book in my bag. I am still reading Ray Bradbury's Dandelion Wine.) 

For the hostess gift I'll bring some Toblerone and Prosecco (click on the picture and read the advice form Piglet)


I hope to see many of you at the Party!



6 comments:

  1. These days a party is definitely called for. With all the festivities I am sure a nap will be welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self care is so important right now - everyone needs to plan for stamina as this is going to be for the long haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terje, thanks for sending me Leigh Anne's invitation. I attend every year so now I have to come up with some interesting self-care ideas to bring along. Your mindful practices is a good one. I never tried that and I agree to sneak in your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a book is always an appropriate addition for a self-care party! Maybe we can all bring a book and have a book swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome... I know that I am late for the party, but can I still join?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for attending and thank for sharing your self-care ideas. I love the mindfulness exercise you shared. I think this one would also be great for regulating children as well. I am afraid many naps will be taking place in the coming weeks (hopefully not months!). And if I were to bring a current book, it would be The Librarian from Auschwich.

    ReplyDelete