Galloped across the lawn and beyond, through meadow flowers and past the junipers
Explored the backyard wilderness, surviving on cherries and wild strawberries,
Climbed over mossy boulders and escaped an attack of angry ants
Took a break in a sandbox cafe, munched on cupcakes and sand dough cookies
Saved the world with magnificent lightsaber skills
Nap (I wished, I hoped, I needed), no time for that
Raced to the swings and launched a space travel
What a full and exciting morning. I think I would need the afternoon for that nap.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great list poem! Funny how much there is to *do* when you are three. I remember once, long before my own children, I babysat for my then three-year-old niece. Exhausted, I checked my watch to see how long until my sister came home: it was only 10 am! Glad you had a good morning with your nephew. May you recover quickly!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure you two went on! Thank you for sharing your fun explorations with us! Launching into space from the swings is always fun! :)
ReplyDeleteA morning full of adventure!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an idyllic morning!
ReplyDeleteBTW: Roasted Pebbles!?!?! I love that you took the time to roast them together. (That made me smile!)
I loved the tone of your post. I like how you listed the things that you did; I might try to write in this style. I can see asking the kids to do the same. And, it sounds like you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a delight to see the world through the eyes of a toddler. You had a magnificent adventure. Hope you squeezed in an afternoon nap.
ReplyDelete