Pages

Friday, March 22, 2019

Who?

Who agreed to give a full day workshop to teachers on Friday, in between two weekends of PD conferences, student-led conferences coming in a week, and every single day filled with writing in March?
I did.
I said "yes" last spring when this year's March seemed so far away and the calendar empty. The workshop went well. The teachers were a bit sceptical, coming form a rather traditional school and because their principal requested the workshop, but after touring our school, seeing something completely different, and after my invitation to be open-minded and playful, they slowly melted.

Who kept opening and closing the laptop without writing a word, struggling to come up with anything to write, yet determined not to give up?
I did.
I know I am not alone. Many, if not all, participants meet a blank page day. It could be either that there is too much to choose form, or that the energy level is close to zero. For me, today, it is the utter tiredness that took over. I was already in my PJs before eight o'clock. I'll try to keep my eyes open a little longer.

Who got distracted while writing a slice today?
I did.
Good distractions. Youngest daughter came home fro a friend's place. Hubby came home from work. Middle daughter came home from university.

4 comments:

  1. I knew you would come through with a post. Congratulations. Hope you get some well deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet you still sliced! Enjoy your weekend with family. Rejuvenate with rest and maybe a little quietness as well. Your repeating lines "I did" gave your slice a definite emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. You have written mind. I have already done 6 pd sessions in March and have a full day looming next Friday.....I share the overwhelmed ferling....but April is close.....hang on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you started with the question then went into the explanation. And PD on a Friday. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete