----------------------------------------
I am sitting on my living room sofa. My stomach is full, more full than necessary; of variety of cheese, serrano and smoked ham, salmon broccoli quiche, ham and cheese puff pastry rolls, strawberries and blueberries, grapes and roasted nuts, pomelo and melon, chocolate cake and lemon poppy seed sponge cake, apple juice and sencha goji berry tea. The dishwasher is taking care of all the plates and cups and teaspoons that my guests used today. We had an early birthday celebration. Next week I'm away on a conference and this Sunday seemed the best time to get together. The guests are gone. Mom and dad and little nephew went in a car with my sister. My middle daughter, my older nephew, cousin and her daughter went on a train. The oldest daughter decided to stay for one more night. The youngest discovered that she has some Russian to practice. And my dear hubby is eating one more piece of chocolate cake with cherries and whipped cream. Sweet life.
I celebrate that I wrote every day this week. On Monday I had a dance lesson after school, On Tuesday and Wednesday I drove straight home from school, on Thursday I met with some colleagues in a book club to discuss"Their Eyes Were Watching God", on Friday after a teacher workshop I came home and was ready to crash already before eight o'clock, but I didn't because I was determined to write. I made sure I slept enough this week. I read for the book club and for the Literature Circle, some poetry and many slices. Since I drove on all the days, I moved less than I wished. I remind myself that this is temporary. I'll get back to my regular routine after the writing challenge is over.
Last week I was prepared, writing in the evening, posting during the day. This week I left the writing for the evening and it was much harder. Several times I had the "I don't know what to write" moment. I noticed others had reached the same spot, yet everyone wrote something. I knew I could do it too. Even though the writing was less slice-like and more random I felt good because the words appeared. Other slices gave me inspiration. I am happy that I wrote my tea slice. This one had been on my mind for some time but I could't find a structure for it until I read Jaana's slice.
I am sincerely happy that people pop by my blog and leave comments. Especially this week, when writing feels harder, the comments give the little nudge to get over the hump.
Seven more days! We can do it! Write a word, then another, and then one more. Write a sentence. And when the challenge is over we'll probably find that we have so much more to say.

Oh man, that spread looks and sounds epic! I love a good list, and your description of your brunch made me sad I already ate! I want to go out and buy all of those things. I noticed that trend of a lot of us struggling with writer's block this week, too. It certainly made me feel better to not be the only one. I wonder if that happens around this time every year. Here's to finishing strong!
ReplyDeleteOne week to go. Yes, we can do this. We somehow find the energy and ideas to go on when nothing seems to work. The food you mention all sounds delicious. Now just sit back and relax. Tomorrow will take are of itself.
ReplyDeleteI like your review of the week! Even when it seems there is nothing to write, something always pops up. Yes, we can finish strong! That meal you enjoyed sounds (and looks) fantastic!!! Much better than the leftover pizza I just ate...Ha! :-) ~JudyK
ReplyDeleteI think everything you describe, we can relate to. Yet your tone is so calm (where others panic at a night of no ideas.). Lovely encouragement.
ReplyDeleteI loved your tea slice... and I don't like tea... and this week was even harder for me... I didn't write every day..I'm not going to beat myself up about it... but I just couldn't create a new piece of something... I wrote but nothing I wanted to make public... I think I read all of your slices this week and loved them... so it was good to be with you on this very successful week:) One more to go...
ReplyDeleteBonnie
Oh my, your food sounds and looks fabulous. I fear I would overeat if I were with you. I hear you when you write, "Even though the writing was less slice-like and more random I felt good because the words appeared." I'm wondering even now what I will write this evening for Slice No. 25. It really needs to be short, for me and for my readers. I've loved all the times you've visited and commented on my posts. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis week was harder for me, too, and I also was less prepared. I am hopeful I can find 7 more "happy" slices in my life!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely reflection. Your bounty of food makes me hungry. I love the lines "I remind myself that this is temporary. I'll get back to my regular routine after the writing challenge is over." Same here, friend!
ReplyDeleteOh, that spread. It makes me hungry! And it's gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great reflection. I have also really appreciated the times that you have commented on my posts - thank you! This week was harder for me as well. I, too, felt less prepared and felt a bit panicky.
It's bittersweet when it's over though, right?