-----------------------------------
I am still figuring out who I am.
I have everything I need,
and most of what I want,
worried about keeping all the balls in the air,
hopeful for what lies ahead.
I give myself a bit of grace.
There are days when I
am not sure what to write,
have too much to say,
have nothing to write about,
start without a clue,
feel daunted at times,
intrigued to write.
I'm wondering even now
what I will write this evening
I don't want my words to be wasteful or empty.
We are not alone in this struggle.
It takes courage
to sit down to write
capturing a moment in your life.
The words, but they do seem to come,
the right mix of detail.
Each word we put down
leads us to another,
and another.
Life almost always offers up some inspiration,
experiences to be cherished,
sprouting more slices in the future.
We are friends, connected through our writing.
Perhaps we could even meet.
I wish I could just walk over
and sit having tea with you.
Tea with friends is always a great idea!
I'm glad you chose to write.
A story that's not shared doesn't exist.
Here's to finishing strong!
What an amazing idea! There's a warmth and recognition that runs through these lines. I'm really enamored of the concept of paying homage to those who have left their words in this way.
ReplyDeleteLove this, Terje! What a blessing it is to have reader friends in this community.
ReplyDeletethis is a great way to capture the kind thoughts those who read our bolg leave for us.
ReplyDeleteI love the value you gave to all the commenting by gathering up the lines and creating a poem. Lovely, just plain lovely!
ReplyDeleteWow! Love how your created this poem from comments! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteOh! How beautiful! A found poem from comments- you are so brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a treasure. Like I imagine you.
ReplyDelete