Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Snow queen - you need some rest
What might be the reasons you want to make an appearance when it is an official first day of spring?
Your soft white fabric dress is perfectly tailored, impeccably cut. You appear confident, authoritative, powerful. The icy white pearls you added this morning are the final perfect touch to show you are the leader.
I wonder if someone challenged you that you need to show your teeth, biting with the cold, showing that you are in charge. You are the boss.
There is no competition. You, and your three sisters, are all strong and capable and competent leaders in your nature field. You are knowledgeable, creative and hard working. You are experts, no doubt. You have proven it over and over again. You have expertise on how to change the world, to make things happen, to take action. You have impact. The world is in balance and harmony when you work together.
Have you forgotten about self-care?
Take a break.
A bit of sleep. A bit of fun. A bit of pampering.
Or maybe I am misjudging you, making unfair inferences. Maybe all you are doing is helping out Spring Spirit. Maybe she is frail, not ready, yet, to make her full appearance. You show compassion. You read the environment, took the temperature of the situation, quickly thought on your feet, improvised, and took an executive decision to change the game plan.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is not easy being a leader and everyone having their expectations, not seeing what you see, and someone always disagreeing with your decisions.
I hope your sister will get well soon and will return to us in full glory.
And you can go, have a cup of tea and read a book.
Snow queen last year
I used some words and phrases from my women in leadership workshop to write about winter on the first day of spring.
Labels:
SOLSC 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I have to admit--at first I thought this was about an impromptu, unwanted visit from a higher-up! (I figured it out with the "four sisters" line, thank goodness!) A unique and interesting perspective on Mother(s) Nature!
ReplyDeleteLove the way the words can be applied to this situation. Hope this queen's visit is a quick stopover and not a long term residency.
ReplyDeleteLove your personification of weather. A great sequel to the years of self-pity and fury of snow queen previous years.
ReplyDeleteI am desperately waiting for her sister to make an appearance and stay.
ReplyDeleteI'm intrigues how your leadership training gave you a new spin on this old idea :)
ReplyDeleteIt gave you some powerful language, and a surprise twist.
I love how you wove your words from your learning into this creative post (and I could probably pick some of them out!) I think the snow queen left her veil here (and I wish I had a picture to show you this because it is the perfect description for what snow we received.) However, I am ready for her sister to appear!
ReplyDelete