Seriously?! More snow? Blizzard? Marching through the fierce slushy snow storm, and marching is the only way to move forward, toward the train station after school, I am not sure whether to laugh or cry. It's too bizarre, on the second day of official spring, to see, more like to feel and experience this weather, because I can't see further than my toes. I thought I was so witty and creative yesterday writing my slice about snow queen as an impeccably dressed female leader. I even showed compassion, suggested self-care. No kindness from her in return. Then again, she is an executive leader and not a nice teacher lady, that I am. And as a nice teacher lady, I don't laugh or cry, but accept that the weather is what it is, and I can do nothing about it. I can just pull my hat lower, wrap my scarf tighter, and march faster. Maybe it is good that yesterday evening I went to a mindfulness lesson, and the topic was emotions and acceptance. My inner weather is calm and springy. The little birds in my heart chirp joyfully because the afternoon meeting, where teachers shared their reflections in small groups*, showed once again that I have an awesome team of inquiry teachers.
* more about this tomorrow
![]() |
| When I walked home last night in the darkness, I saw this heart glowing in a park. You understand that I had to take the photo. |


Absolutely this photo needed to be taken! Thankfully, Winter Queen has not deemed it worthy to visit me in the middle of the country. Apparently she likes the east coast, of that I'm grateful. I hope she packs her bags and moves on to her summer home far away.
ReplyDeleteOh - boo hiss for late March snow storms. This morning we tried to explain the saying, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." My kids were perplexed, "Well, that's not true around here!" I'm glad your inner weather is calm and springy - may the outside catch up soon!
ReplyDeleteYour "inner weather" - that's a great way to describe feelings! Sorry to hear that spring is not around yet, and the snow queen continues her dominance. Happy to hear that you accepted the mess for what it is and captured that beautiful photo!
ReplyDeleteYou must be on the east coast. I am sorry that spring has not arrived for you. That photograph tells so much!
ReplyDeleteOf course you had to take that picture. After our blizzard here yesterday, today it hit 48 degrees F and the roads are dry. Go figure!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your snow queen yesterday and I just love your nice teacher lady today. Also your inner weather- what a deceptively simple image. You could write more from there. Also that photo- wow.
ReplyDelete