Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Saturday - one of the best


Saturday


Location:
My home, Kohila alev, Raplamaa, Estonia

Weather:
Cloudy. Drizzle. Warm enough to go out without a hat and gloves, jacket still on. Spring.

People:
My sister (38y)
My baby nephew (8m)
My oldest daughter (21y) - at home for the weekend, planned visit
My middle daughter (20y) - at home for the weekend, a surprise visit
My youngest daughter (12y)
I (44y)
Absent:
my hubby, visiting his parents
My brother in law, working
My oldest nephew, taking entrance exams to tenth grade

Menu:
1. Salad: rucola, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, pomegranate seeds, olive oil, balsamico, salt
2: Main: chicken breast in cream and white wine sauce, spinach risotto with parmesan
3. Dessert: white chocolate mousse

Chefs to thank: my two daughters

Alternative: baby food - vegetable puree

Exercise:
Baby yoga. My daughters tried to do the exercises my little nephew does - downward dog on toes, locust with stretched hands, toes in a mouth. Too complicated for them to keep up with the eight month old.
Walking. Seven kilometers pushing a baby carriage while the nephew slept. You can imagine how tired he was after his yoga. You can imagine how tired I was after the walk. Not my usual distance. Shorter than her daily distance for my sister.

Entertainment
Pass-the-baby (my favorite game today, I think I won and got to hold the baby the most)
Children songs (my little nephew is an appreciative audience)
Make-faces(my little nephew wins this one)
Gloom (I don't understand the game, but my girls like it a lot, the baby was allowed to play with the cards)

Key words:
Sisters. Baby. Home. Fun. Delicious. Love.



15 comments:

  1. Great way to tell us so much about your day and yourself. Sounds like a super Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Gloom seems like an odd card game -- something out of Dickens or Unfortunate Events.
    Being Pursued by Poodles or Mauled by a Manatee? Ok, then. Hope you made it out alive, from underneath the gloom.
    :)
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great format! I learned a lot about you and never realized you lived in a different country. I especially enjoyed the menu - sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new form is a delight, Terje. It seems that your older girls are already chefs, and that Baby took center stage on Saturday. Love each part, especially that baby yoga. I remember reading that a football team was directed to follow a young toddler and do everything he or she did. They couldn't keep up, were exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that... So much detail offered us...
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting format. Such a great way to share information. Congratulations on winning Pass-the-baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your writing structure!! I laughed out loud when I read: Alternative: baby food
    All your details show so much about this day and then you, yourself name what it is really about using the key words at the end. Such a fun writing format, one I may "steal"!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative way to share a Saturday! Dinner sounded divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love how you arrange your topic and words. Such a fabulous structure. I want to see Estonia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A list like structure to document your day provided your readers with an extensive overview of your day Terje. I was very interested in the salad. Any left?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a grand time. I like the spaces the list provides that as a reader I can fill in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much love packed into a slice! What a delightful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this format - I learned so much about you and your day in a quick way! What a delightful day!

    ReplyDelete