Jack Canfield spoke about the principles of success. He has a book with more than 85 principles.
In the event brochure he listed 7 principles you can do already today in order to bring happiness and success to your life:
- Develop four new good habits each year.
- Practice appreciation
- Solicit and respect feedback
- Keep all your agreements
- Exceed expectations
- Reject rejection
- Eliminate small obstacles
What he shared during his presentation strongly connected with what I am teaching to students.
Take responsibility for your life
Event + reaction = outcome. The only thing you can control is reaction. You have control over the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take (your words and behavior).
Give up complaint, blame, and excuse making. Saying "I can't" weakens a body. Instead of failure focus on the positive alternative. Blaming keeps you powerless.
Instead have a clear intention of what you want. Set positive expectations. Take action and persevere. Don't give up.
Your thoughts are your greatest power.
You wish to grow: gratitude, abundance, generosity, joy, forgiveness, love and positive expectations.
Whatever you think about, talk about, fantasize about, focus on, give your attention to, act on - you are going to attract more info into your life.
Decide what you want.
Believe it is possible.
He continued with goal setting, visualization, affirmations, five actions steps, taking actions. It was a lot to digest on Sunday.
I liked his advice on goal setting: "Set a goal that is big enough, so that in the process of achieving it, you will become someone worth becoming."
Isn't that what we all try to do - to become the best versions of ourselves?

I love the actions he recommends and I agree these can be done daily. I have copied them as a reminder. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI can imagine your head was bursting with all this thinking from this day. So much to think about and apply!
ReplyDeleteWhat a day of inspiration you had, Terje. I will save this, lots to take in. I like "thoughts are your greatest power". That rings true to me! Thanks very much for taking the time to share so much of your Sunday.
ReplyDeleteLove these three sentences from your notes:
ReplyDelete"Set positive expectations. Take action and persevere. Don't give up."
Thanks for sharing and now I'm off to read yesterday's post.
How much better all of our lives would be if we took these positives to heart and followed them.
ReplyDeleteSuch wisdom in this post today, not only from him but from what you are teaching yours students. Believe it is possible - my favorite!
ReplyDeleteI have copied and pasted your slice into a doc to share with my teacher friends. My old school is working on supporting resilience in students - and community as well - and this is a great list of ideas and strategies.
ReplyDelete