What does the apple tree think?
Does she think about past and present and future?
The snow, the cold, the blossoms, the sunshine, the leaves, the apples.
Does she dream? Does she wonder?
I wish I could stretch as high as the sky.
Does she worry? Does she feel lonely?
Not enough.
Does she know how beautiful she is?
Is she vain and self-absorbed?
Look at me! Look at me! I am the prettiest of all.
Or is she generous, reaching out to people who hurry by, lost in their task-filled heads?
Slow down! You are missing the moment. Pause. Stay with me.
Spring is short.
Be here.
Now.
a great photo - I wonder often about what my plants are thinking. I love this piece.
ReplyDeleteLove the voice, Terje: "Slow down! You are missing the moment. Pause. Stay with me." I have seen some who share research that plants do better when the person who owns them talks to them (houseplants I think), but why not visit a beautiful apple tree to give it some love? They are gorgeous, can be vain if they wish!
ReplyDeleteNow I'm not a fan of apples but your tree is a wow... and I love the apple's thoughts
ReplyDeleteSlow down! You are missing the moment. Pause. Stay with me.
Spring is short.
Be here.
Now.
BonnieK
What a beautiful tree! I'm glad that you shared her voice with us, Terje.
ReplyDeleteI totally get the voice of the plant. They talk to me all the time. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis apple tree must be buzzing with bees pollinating! Our fruit trees were done blooming long ago.
Nice to hear the apple tree's message!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful reminder to be present, Terje. I had a hectic day and needed this nudge today.
ReplyDeleteMy willow tree begs the same of me...pause, stay with me, be here now! Your apple tree is not only beautiful but also wise! ~Amy
ReplyDeleteApple trees are my favorite.
ReplyDeleteWonderful writing, Terje.