Day 28 of March Slice of Life Story Challenge
I thought of skipping writing a slice today. The thought crossed my mind when I was reading school's self study standard B7, the lunch time had already passed, I had three more sections to read, I felt I was getting an allergic reaction to all the criteria and evidence and sneezed five times in a row, there was a likelihood of missing my train, and I couldn't see the writing time fitting neither before making dinner nor after the dance lesson in the evening.
What a silly idea to skip writing with only four days left of the March Slice of Life Writing Challenge. I realized this when I had sat down in the train (after a very brisk walk through the old town, the sun and movement making me hot, forcing me to unbutton my coat, so the flapping wings of the coat making me look like a large black bird), calmed my breathing, and took out a small book of vignettes a friend gave to me, looked at the colorful teacup and read the sweet note my other friend gifted to me, still felt the after taste of a halva and sour cream cake a third friend had made for me. Self-study aside the day had had so many great moments - the birthday hugs and wishes, and the fact I had caught the train.
My plan was to create a small book spine poem. The only problem being that I couldn't find enough English books at home. At least not the ones I could stack up. My Kindle hosts several books. Screen shots and cropping make up the e-book poem making process. This is the best I was able to create between the dinner and a dance lesson. Not perfect but enough for a day when I thought of skipping writing.
Love you all, my dear readers. I appreciate your visits and comments.
Book covers used for this poem. Most of them I have read earlier. Still Writing and Make Just One Change are from this month. Doesn't our reading shelf tell a story about us too? You can see more of my bookshelf on Goodreads.











I love the book poem and our choice of books. My e-reader look much like yours. I don't know the Personal Geographies - will need to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI love how you fit writing in along with savoring the sweet moments of your day. You will enjoy Make Just One Change. I'm going to go look at Still Writing.
ReplyDeleteI do love the poem but this is my favourite line: "I felt I was getting an allergic reaction to all the criteria and evidence and sneezed five times in a row" :-) So glad you wrote
ReplyDeleteI am amazed when those of you create the spine poems! I have tried and have failed miserably, but that's ok ;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing today! My students just visited our library last Thursday to make book spine poems. I never thought of making them with e-books - LOVE this idea!
ReplyDeletePerfect solution for a busy day. Thank goodness for time on the train! Don't let that report make you sick.
ReplyDeleteWonderful, a kindle book spine poem! You are clever, Terje, and I'm so glad you had such a marvelous birthday. Glad you posted!
ReplyDelete