Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Celebrate

Discover. Play. Build.

Thank you, Ruth, for the invitation to celebrate.

Getting ideas from:

26 Things Every Person Should Do For Themselves At Least Once A Year

26. Maybe on your birthday, make it a point to review your year. Make time to pore over and reflect on everything thats happened —journals, photos, videos, posts on social media — all the parts that combine to show you how far you’ve come. Celebrate your progress and note where you still need work. It’s a beautiful thing to be self-aware enough to take your past and present into account when considering the future.


A teacher could follow this advice three times a year - on a birthday, end of a calendar year, end of the school year.

I spent some time last week reading my blog and looking at photos. I already wrote one little reflection. Without hesitation I can admit 2015 was an awesome and colorful year.  Some of it never changes - school time spinning fast, with me looking for small and sweet moments to fight stress; the summer and breaks moving in slow motion, I often lost in books. This year brought interesting people, places and events to my life. My heart spills with gratitude. I grew immensely professionally (things I am proud of list.)  After all the busy and exciting I love staying home, quietly, with my family around me, just being. Now that both older girls have moved out it doesn't happen often that everyone is at home. The best part of this week was spending the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my parents and sis and her family at my mom's place, with good food and talking, and then returning home and waking up in the middle of the night feeling happy that my three daughters and my hubby were peacefully sleeping. The protected precious moments at home allow me to venture out, take risks, push myself to grow.
I am still figuring out how to combine the professional and home life, the serious/credible me with the one taking pictures of butterflies, the me wishing to reach out with the me wishing to hide, the real with the virtual. I do not yet have a clear idea of what I wish the next year to be like. I know only one thing for sure - I want everyone to be healthy.

Reflection in photos:

favorite nature photos 2015 (photos only)

moments 2015 (photos only)



The winter will pass, the summer will return and butterflies will fly again.

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Great post from one fantastic lady. Following your writing this year has been a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am constantly amazed by your photographs. You have such talent for capturing the right moment, the right angle, the right light.

    I love your last paragraph. We are made up of so many pieces and this paragraph wraps it all up. Now I am going back to read those 26 things! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your words BUT looking at those moments and nature photos filled me up. Thank you for sharing your amazing gifts Terje! Looking forward to 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I do think you should begin another career in photography, Terje. Your photos are always fabulous. I have a neighbor who is now placing her photos on cards and has been able to place them in local gift shops. I loved all that you did this year professionally too, and that you've had all the family home for Christmas, a special pleasure. Enjoy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much here! Thanks for sharing the list of things to do. I want to do some of these things in the coming year. And wow! You should definitely be proud. You have stepped out of your comfort zone and have done some wonderful things that were good for you, but also that helped those around you. Thank you for sharing. I think it's fun that we both were in Amsterdam this year. Your memories brought many of my own to mind. Good wishes to you for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing all of these images and also your wisdom. I always feel lighter after coming to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll join in the chorus of praise for your photographs, Terje - just sublime. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terje, your stand alone photo gallery is stunning. I started a new section of my galleries called photo corner. Please consider offering me some winter photos even if you do not pair them with a poem for the winter gallery. Reflection is a wonderful thing so keep on providing us with a glimpse of your mind and heart thoughts.

    ReplyDelete