Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Day 2: minimal feedback

Join the March Slice of Life Story Challenge at Two Writing Teachers. 


Filling in a feedback form after a week long course on Saturday afternoon is the last thing I wish to to. I should have know it was coming. I stare at the questions.

How would you comment the combination of school observation, lectures and group work in this module?
How do you comment the cooperation with the Dutch participants in terms of improvement of your professional identity?
How would you comment ........'s training style and training organization?
What was the most memorable experience from Individual School Visit (Wednesday) and why?
What do OECD trends mean to you as an educational professional after this module?
Which OECD sub-trends do you see important for your practice and why?
Which OECD sub-trends are insignificant for your practice and why?
How would you asses the discussion  about Estonian Educational strategy (2014 – 2020)?
Please explain your assessment of the discussion with key authors of Estonian Educational Strategy.

The list goes on. I look around to see concentrated faces and speed typing fingers.
My brain has no traffic, connections are lost completely, power is off, sleep mode on.
I can't even recall what we discussed or what the presenters lectured. 
Unfortunately I can't skip any questions. 
Would it be possible to extend the deadline? Probably not.
As I type I am acutely aware that my short superficial answers won't be very helpful in evaluating the course. Most likely these will make the trainers doubt in my intelligence and ability to learn. 
I just want to go home.

Last question.

Submit.

12 comments:

  1. Who hasn't felt like this at some time. After listening to speakers for hours, trying to process the information you received you are then asked to evaluate the speaker(s) and presentation. That is a lot to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it will make the trainers think about incorporating the questions throughout the course, not just at the end. The question that is most vital is: did you learn something that you will use in your work? I hope you can answer yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when I am handed an evaluation form at the end - I haven't had time to process yet! Also, the language you shared in those questions are pretty sleep inducing, don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when I am handed an evaluation form at the end - I haven't had time to process yet! Also, the language you shared in those questions are pretty sleep inducing, don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you..... I despise being asked to reflect before heading out the door from a conference or training session. My answers are often curt and vapid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh horrible. Are you sure you aren't teaching in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds more like a test than an evaluation. So difficult to process after a long day of trying to take everything in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think our brains can handle a lot, so when we have that blank sort of "screen," we need to give it a rest! Sometimes we can. Sometimes we can't. Your honestly is something we can all relate to. I love how you end with phrases that get shorter and shorter. Conveys a lot of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I would answer those questions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "My brain has no traffic, connections are lost completely, power is off, sleep mode on.
    I can't even recall what we discussed or what the presenters lectured." You grabbed that feeling with your words. Those questions kind of made my head hurt! I think you handled it wisely. and then got home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I just want to go home."
    I know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I just want to go home."
    I know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete