Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thank you! Aitäh!

The orange SOL logo has been shining every day in March. Vibrant, healthy, encouraging, a bit whimsical and reminding of "Dot" by Peter H. Reynolds, it has invited people to write, tell stories, experiment, play, read and connect with each other.
A team of amazing women at Two Writing Teachers blog has created a safe and inspiring community, where trust and support have allowed people to reach out, open their hearts and reveal their true selves through words on a page.
Thank you!

The fourth year participating in this monthly challenge was fun. Over the years the writing has become easier. The biggest challenge for me has been commenting. I have tried to squeeze many comments into my day, but not nearly as much as I wished. I feel that I have missed meeting some wonderful people and reading many touching, funny, thoughtful, entertaining and memorable slices. Knowing how difficult it has been to keep up with commenting, I appreciate friends who have come back to comment day after day.  I know Jaana (only one I have met in person), Michelle, Linda, elsie, Jen, Tara, Leigh Anne, Julieanne, Julie and Loralee  through their slices and comments. I hope that they know that their words have touched my heart, caressed me, made me smile, helped me to solve problems, and inspired me to be a better person.
Thank you!

Many others came to visit me on different days and many others welcomed me to their lives through their blog posts. Each person, life and story is unique. Yet, the stories connect us. In my letter to Stacey I wrote "I have noticed that no matter where we are, we keep making sense of our lives, search and cherish little moments that make us happy and look for big ideas that help us to be the best persons, moms, teachers, and friends that we can be."  It matters to reach out and connect, to feel belonging and to know that our words can make a difference. Your words have made a difference in my life.
Thank you!

Aitäh!

11 comments:

  1. This is a special kind of community, isn't it? Comments are such a joy to receive. This year I have tried very hard to respond to comments. I have enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year participating in the March Challenge and it couldn't have been a more rewarding experience. It is hard to read and comment on all of the slices I would have liked to...there is just so much time in the day and other things that need to be done. I look forward to staying connected through the weekly Tuesday slices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delightful description of the SOLC. This is my first year participating and I've found a warm welcome here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Terje, thanks for teaching me a new Estonian word! Äitäh for all your comments this month! I love reading your posts and exceptional skill that you have with words! I look forward to reading many more of your slices! Äitäh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been wonderful, Terje - I feel each Tuesday and each March knits this community closer. I have a special place in my SOL heart for your posts and comments - always so beautifully written, and true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your words touch me, too, Terje, & I appreciate the sentiment today. Isn't it quite amazing to "know" many without having met them, or at least met only briefly? Yet, we've poured our hearts to others with our posts, sharing the good and the not so good moments of our lives. We've become supporters and cheerleaders, huggers and arguers. That's what friends do! Thanks for a great month traveling together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to your words. I love reading not just what you say but how you say it. Your sharp sense of what matters has made a difference in my writing, teaching and mothering. I see your world similar and dissimilar to mine in your posts and it adds dimension to my life. You are a part of me because of your words. Thank you for all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terje, your words have magic in them. They always touch me in some way. Sometimes it's my heart, sometimes they make me smile, even laugh, sometimes you make me think and ponder. Thank you for being my only friend in Estonia, and I hope to make it back there one day so we can sit and sip and talk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, this month has been such a wonderful experience. Thank you for including me in your slice today. I treasure your words, your stories, your comments, and your friendship. I know I am a better person because of this community. Thank you for being part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you, it has become easier to Slice and yet harder to comment. I think that is mostly because the number of slicers has grown - what a beautiful thing. I thank you for the reading and commenting you've provided to many.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We didn't have power for a couple days and then jumping back into school has been...challenging. It's a very busy time of year with report cards, conferences, and more... ...I haven't been able to read very much, but opened this one before going to school. So timely. Thank you. Your words were a gift from God to me this morning. Thank you for your thank you and the way you said it. I can't quite grab what I am trying to say but had to say a little something before going out the door... Thank you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete