I liked Michelle's quiet.Loud slice from the beginning of March. I don't think of sounds but about the length of my writing today. Really short. Probably the shortest slice this month. It doesn't matter that I was pretty well prepared for this challenge. I had a long list of topics to write about. I thought I had figured out how to find time - getting up earlier, using breaks between lessons, writing before leaving school, skipping google reader and pinterest, asking hubby to prepare dinners more often. Life just keeps going faster than I am able to keep up.
Squeezed empty short
Drop down tired short
Hoping to get rest short
Need to disconnect short
Must make dinner short
Haven't called to my sister yet short
Child waiting to play with me short
Creative spirit frozen short
I'm sorry for not commenting enough short
Not wanting to miss writing short
I love your dedication to your writing. The way you have created time. And the ways you see your life squeezing in and still wanting to write. You have succinctly named a feeling I have had this month and I thank you for creating it in a way that I connect.
ReplyDeleteFeeling exactly the same. But, give yourself credit - your writing is brilliant: inspired, creative, thought-provoking, moving. At least that has been MY experience!
ReplyDeleteYou are living a full life, writing is only a part. Don't let that voice tell you you are not doing enough. You are.
ReplyDeleteThis challenge has put a lot of pressure on all of us. FInd time this weekend to re-charge! You are a beautiful writer, I love reading your posts, and your poem today is short, but spot on!
ReplyDeleteShort...but you sliced. And you found a way to be creative and humorous....way to go, Terje!
ReplyDeleteThe length does not determine the strength of the message. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteEven when you are in a hurry, you end up crafting a well articulated poem--so like you Terje! Amazing.
ReplyDeleteI loved it as well. I think Jackie said it best: The length does not determine the strength of the message. Powerful. Sometimes short is better: less is more. Let the words linger with the reader, make them think, and connect in the way they can . . . you did that.
ReplyDeleteIt feels like you are straining to find the time for everything, & I'm convinced it cannot be done. I love what you did with this to communicate the feelings. Just great, Terje. Hope the weekend is a good R & R.
ReplyDeletePerfect. Writing with distinct, specific chosen words is not easy. You wrote specifically that created a large meaning.
ReplyDeleteTerje,
ReplyDeleteI feel like the other slicers in that strength is not determined by length!
Thank you for articulating what so many of are feeling
I love the way you captured all the ways life is continuously moving around your plans for writing (and that you shared Michelle's inspiration--I, too, liked those loud/quiet lines). I especially identify with the line about not commenting enough. Volunteering to help track slicers has definitely made it difficult to keep up with comments, much less discover new slicers to follow. Glad you wrote 'short' today!
ReplyDelete