Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Destination

Where did they come from?
Where are they going?
Did someone stay behind?
Is someone waiting for them?
Are they filled with anticipation?
Do they feel accomplishment?
What did they have for lunch?
What will they eat for dinner?
What is most important for them?
Who is their special one?
Do they value their past?
Do they dream of their future?
Do they worry?
Are they happy?
I will never find out.
I know
I am happy
and heading home
to my family.



9 comments:

  1. Those are the same questions I have, but not on a train. Now I wonder, do they look at you and wonder the same things too? After all the questions, I like the resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mystery of fellow travelers. Here we are together in a moment but completely unknown to each other. Beautiful - and I too like hearing your voice in the last lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to imagine those things about people is always interesting on public transportation-many lives & each one with a story, right? I love that you put this into a poem, starting into speculation and finally getting back home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder this, too....such a fascinating subject, really - people on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the structure of using questions to think aloud. I wrote it in my notebook as an example.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You think like a writer! You live like a writer! You are a WRITER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed this. I am a people watcher. I love to give them lives and imagine what they are going to do. The best part was the end...you weren't sure about them, but you were going home to your family. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wondered those things watched people. The picture adds to this description. I like how you made it a poem.

    ReplyDelete