Pages

Monday, March 31, 2025

aitäh

I finish this slice of life challenge where I started it. I am sitting on my living room sofa, my all time favourite place, where I have written many thousand words, drank hundreds cups of tea, and eaten several slices of cake. This morning is like many other March mornings with a partially cloudy sky, trees swaying in the wind, still waiting for enough warmth to dress in light green. The one lone crow I have seen several times this month has taken its view spot on top of a birch. Occasionally my inner critic used to take the shape of a crow but this month it seemed that he has had other interesting things to do and view and he didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed writing my slices with ease and playfulness.

I knew the challenge would end today and nevertheless seeing the date startles me. This is it? 

There are two things left to do.

First, I thank you from the bottom of the heart for sharing your slices and reading mine. When working alone in the home office, and I had many of these days this month, the human connections, the virtual ones included, are precious. They remind me I exist. Aitäh!

Second, I have written found poems from the comments for several years now, and here is a short one from this year: 

Life surprises us in many ways.
It is hard to settle into sleep 
When thoughts are spinning around in your head,
Dreams can conjure up many emotions,
It's so easy during hard times to not take time to think of delights.
As our lives continue unabated,
We create a tiny space for thoughts and words.
Voice your own questions about what's going on in front of you,
To write down your truth in a totally honest way.
You are the masterpiece! 
Enjoy your cake later today! :)
One more day to celebrate!


Tomorrow is Tuesday. See you tomorrow!

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem of thanks compiled from comments is the perfect way to end this slice challenge. Cheers to another year and cake for everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely found poem from comments! I appreciate the reflection from your post, about your starting and ending spot, the crow inner critic on hiatus, and how this virtual community affirms. Wishing you many writing journeys ahead, especially ones that involve tea and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and memorable way to end the challenge! Thanks for the great inspiration all month, and cheers to celebrating today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to make comments into a poem. I love it. Your posts always uplift and give me hope. Thank you, Terje!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a fun month of writing and reading stories and compliments. I love your comment poem! That is a creative way to put some of your favorite compliments all in one spot. See you over on Writing Tuesdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terje,
    Your presence here is a blessing. Your calm ways transcend technology and are cathartic. I appreciate you. Thank you for your voice and your presence. I love the found poem and its celebration of this community. See you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to end this month. I always enjoy reading your posts and I am grateful for the comments you leave on mine. See you tomorrow. arjeha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for teaching me how to say thank you in your language! So glad I met you here as I enjoy your writing. See you on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terje, what a glorious post and poem. I've enjoyed reading so many of your posts this year, getting to know you better, celebrating your birthday. What a sweet idea to write a comment found poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I am now sitting at my volunteer school, wearing light green because it is fully spring here! And I had to laugh at your line about hundreds of cups of tea and a few slices of cake- I suspect more than a few :) Your reflection sets a mood of practice, ease and gratitude. And your comment poem is wonderful- I forgot about that good idea you established!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your found poems! That is a skill in and of itself! Perhaps I should try it one of these days. I always look for your slices, and enjoy connecting with you each year. We made it to year 15...together! Yay! Let's celebrate with a piece of cake and a cup of tea. Mine will be chocolate with chocolate icing and English Breakfast tea. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love this found poem. What a great way to capture some of the extraordinary words shared during this challenge. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah! I love your found poem tradition & this year's doesn't disappoint. Thanks for spending a month here; I really enjoy reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's been so nice to share space with you again this year. I love this found poem and the idea of it. What a treasure. A group creation.

    ReplyDelete