For the past weeks the weather in Estonian has been nothing else but endless rain. Brown and grey rule the nature.
If we don't have snow, we make other ways to create the seasonal feeling. Yesterday evening my home filled with sweet smell. My middle one was baking a cinnamon snowflake. If there's one thing I've done well is, it's teaching my children to bake. It's magical how the separate ingredients end up in various shapes and forms that fill the heart and stomach with deliciousness.
Seems like the baking carried some other magic too. This morning we found the world covered with snow. What a delightful surprise for Christmas Eve.
Merry Holidays!


Both photographs are gorgeous in their own right. The cinnamon snowflake must have taken a long time to create. The gift and magic of baking!
ReplyDeleteTerje, it is good to hear that your family is also one that finds baking a joy. Thank you for your two gifts. I love sticky buns and silent snow photography. May your holidays be filled with joyfulness.
ReplyDeleteThe scent of baking something with cinnamon just makes the house smell lie the holiday. I baked an eggnog cake today. Wishing you and your family the best of this holiday season. arjeha
ReplyDeleteWe have the cold but not snow. Rained all day yesterday, and we had to take the dogs out in it. Love your baking photo. My youngest son loves to cook but not bake. Happy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteBaking cinnamon inside pairs well with snow on the outside.
ReplyDeleteThat cinnamon snowflake looks incredible! I'm glad it brought you all some real snow, too - and just in time for Christmas! Happy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays, Terje. Beautiful post and yummy cinnamon snowflake. I can smell it all the way from New Jersey!
ReplyDelete