Standing on a beach all by myself, I breathed in the salty air and admired the magnificence of the sea and the sky. Calm and gratitude filled me. I observed my state of mind with curiosity. So different was it from the years when saying goodbye to summer was one of the biggest challenges of the year for me. Being out of school has changed my life in a way that the change from summer to fall, from holidays to work, from countryside to school, from calm to stress is not so drastic and instead of saying sad goodbyes I say, "See you soon, sea!" I live a life where the workday ends with closing of the laptop and I my head is clear of work thoughts on the weekends, meaning that I can return to the countryside and the sea in September and maybe even in October.



Beautiful pictures. Who would not want to return? Glad that your change in career affords you the flexibility to return to the sea as well as a head clear of work-related issues so you can enjoy peaceful weekends. arjeha
ReplyDeleteLovely! I am craving the open water these days as the air cools. Love your pictures and your chance to stand by the sea. For now I have a few local lakes to view. Enjoy that big open water!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pics and good to know we might get a few more. I'm so happy to hear that your day now ends with the closing of the laptop. We look forward to more sea pictures this fall.
ReplyDeleteAbove comment from Ramona at Pleasures from the Page.
DeleteWhat beautiful pictures and what a wonderful perspective to have. I am envious of your closed laptop end of the day. Wishing you many more days at the sea!
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking of writing a post about waving good-bye to the ocean, and you beat me to it! Beautiful photos! Something about the sky meeting water that gives one HOPE. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful, Terje. Waving goodbye to summer, only to welcome it with stress isn't fun. I like how you describe the comfort of being finished with work once your laptop is closed.
ReplyDeleteYou're a lucky lady to have this view! Thanks for sharing some of the natural beauty you get to experience with us.
ReplyDelete