I was browsing through some old journals and discovered a page where I described what I would see from my future office window. I wrote about a view over a park. I was about to laugh out loud because in a roundabout way my wish had come true.
Sitting on my living room sofa, I looked at the fluffy cloudsheep strolling across the the deep blue skymeadow and mature green trees waving their branches to cheer along. Taking a moment to capture the scene in my mind, I realised that the area behind the apartment house included diverse collection of trees - rose bush and lilac; birch, maple, rowan and oak; spruce and pine - such richness!
So I don't have an office in a tall office building looking over a park, and this is ok, because I love my living room home office with the green view. More than the location and view I love that I can work stress free at my own pace. Only now, when I am no longer at school, I see what an abnormal workload and stress I had carried.
I do not have a full picture of what my future holds, and this is ok too. For now I am where I feel good.

What a lovely view to have outside your window - "the fluffy cloudsheep strolling across the the deep blue skymeadow and mature green trees waving their branches to cheer along". I think your wish did come true!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine a more serene office window view. Your description of the scene just exudes a sense of peace and calmness. Enjoy your office view. (arjeha)
ReplyDeleteTerje, This is so beautiful. I love the way you described your perfect office view. You are close to having that! Here is some truth that I experienced when I retired: "Only now, when I am no longer at school, I see what an abnormal workload and stress I had carried." I hope the future is bright for you and will include this beautiful view, meaningful work at a normal load and low stress level!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve to work stress-free and at your own pace, Terje! I hope that the path forward leads you to wonderful places. Until then, enjoy the view!
ReplyDeleteTerje, your view is beautiful! Funny how journal entries play out later on, unexpectedly. Nice surprises. Enjoy your new "office."
ReplyDeleteWhat an inspirational view that I'm sure includes bird guests occasionally!
ReplyDelete