Pages

Friday, March 10, 2023

võlukunst/making magic

Vaatasin kalendris meeldetuletust kirjutada P.-le ja juba kolmandat korda sel aastal nihutasin seda meeldetuletust edasi. Ma lihtsalt ei kujutanud ette, kuidas ma kirjutan talle, et kohtusime eelmisel suvel naiste loovuslaagris, korra tänaval ja nüüd jälgin sinu Ägedate Naisjuhtide Klubi tegemisi ja sa oled põnev inimene ja mul on sel aastal eesmärgiks põnevate inimestega kohtuda ja tule minuga teed jooma. No ei ole normaalne eestlaslik käitumine. 

Paar päeva hiljem nägin Ägedate Naisjuhtide Klubi Facebooki seinal üleskutset, et nüüd, kui grupp on kasvanud, oleks tore, kui inimesed ennast tutvustaksid. Panin oma tutvustuse ka sinna.

Päevake hiljem ilmus minu Messengeri postitus P-lt, et ta tahaks minuga kokku saada, sest soovib minu kui haridusspetsialisti nõuannet. Ma pidin diivanilt maha potsatama. Kas päriselt oli sündinud võlukunst? Ma soovisin P.-ga kohtumist ja palun väga, see saabki teoks.

Ja saigi. Eile istusime kohvikus, näksisime bataadifriikaid, jõime rohelist teed ja rääkisime nii tema tööst-tegemistest kui ka otsisime lahendusi tema kooliga seotud küsimustele. 

Kui mul seekord võlukunst õnnestus, võiks ju uuesti proovida. Millise põneva inimesega ma järgmiseks kohtumist tahaks?


I looked at a note I had left to myself in my calendar to write to P. and moved the note for a third time this year. I just couldn’t envision how I would write to her, that we met last summer in women’s creativity camp, once on a street and now I follow your Awesome Female Leaders Club activity and you are a fascinating person and my this year’s goal is to meet with fascinating people and come and drink tea with me. This would not be a normal Estonian behavior.

Some days later I saw a post on the Awesome Female Leaders Club Facebook page, inviting people to introduce themselves since the group had grown. I added my introduction.

A day later I received a Messenger note form P. asking to meet with me to get some advice from me as an educational specialist. I was about to fall off my sofa. Did magic really happen? I wished to meet P. and here you go, it would happen.

And it did. Yesterday we sat in a café, nibbled on sweet potato fries, drank green tea, talked about her work and doings, and also looked for solutions to her school related issues.

If I was successful in making magic this time, I could as well try again. Which fascinating person would I like to meet next? 

8 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful for you. Dreams do come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy listening to the recording, Terje, and thank you for the translation, too. (I was going to use Google.) On September 20, 2020 Seth Grodin wrote in his blog: "Time to get back to magic. Most of the time the phrase is,' It's time to get back to work. This means it's time to stop being creative, stop dancing with possibility, stop acquiring new insights and inspiration—and go back to the mean grind instead. Maybe we'd be better off saying, 'I need to get back to making magic...." I love this quote, and your goal, " to meet with fascinating people and come and drink tea with me. This would not be a normal Estonian behavior," you know exactly how!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of these events as "good karma" events! Perhaps you were both thinking of each other and through forces we don't really understand, you both needed to connect! It's happened to me more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Terje, how special is that? I love the way you wrote about possibly approaching P: "that we met last summer in women’s creativity camp, once on a street and now I follow your Awesome Female Leaders Club activity and you are a fascinating person and my this year’s goal is to meet with fascinating people and come and drink tea with me." Beautiful! It speaks so much, and it makes the magical thing that happened later all the more magical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terje, I love listening to you speak in your native language. You are special and your post always inspires.Let's make a pact to always make magic happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great story! I believe in karma, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I love everything about this post! I always love to hear you read your Estonian writing out loud, and I also just love this story so much!!! I was giggling as you considered what you might say when you contacted her - I could tell from the tone of your writing that you felt silly / weird reaching out in such a way, and then I absolutely laughed out loud with your zinger of "This would not be normal Estonian behavior." (which sends me down a rabbit hole of thinking about how different behaviors, especially in terms of the interpersonal, are "normal" in different places!) And then what a delight to read on as she contacted you and you met up in person, enjoying the small delightful details that brought that moment alive. So happy this magic happened for you, Terje!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! You put that wish out into the cosmos and the cosmos said, "Yes, absolutely." Maybe one day, when I finally make a trip to the home of some of the world's most extraordinary knitting patterns, you and I can sit and drink green tea together. See? I just put that out into the cosmos ...

    ReplyDelete