After three lessons and three meetings, outside duty and lunch supervision, I stood in the empty classroom and thought, "I need to have a cup of tea, sit down and breathe."
I have been thinking about writing a one-sentence slice. It may happen this week as I’m on granna duty. The opening phrase of your sentence exhausted me just thinking about having to do l that.
Putting this one on my idea page. I like the order in that last phrase, a cup of tea, sit down, breathe! Just reading that calmed me from the hurry of your day. Maybe you had some cake at home!
Oh friend, I hope the afternoon is quick and the evening relaxing. I love the idea of one sentence slice; I think I'll put it in my pocket for later!
ReplyDeleteI feel the rush! Enjoy that cup of tea.
ReplyDeleteHope you had some quiet moments to enjoy your tea before the afternoon rushed on.
ReplyDeleteAfter that kind of morning you definitely need a cup of tea. Hope you had the chance to enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for giving me a moment to breathe, too. I felt the sense of overdrive.
ReplyDeleteYour one sentence shows so much about your day and your feelings. I'll have to remember this one.
ReplyDeleteI hope you allowed yourself to sit, breathe, and have a cup of tea before tackling the afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about writing a one-sentence slice. It may happen this week as I’m on granna duty. The opening phrase of your sentence exhausted me just thinking about having to do l that.
ReplyDeletePutting this one on my idea page. I like the order in that last phrase, a cup of tea, sit down, breathe! Just reading that calmed me from the hurry of your day. Maybe you had some cake at home!
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to capture your day...I hope you got the respite you needed. Thanks for showing us this new slice format.
ReplyDelete