Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2022

a goal for today - done!

I wrote in my new feel good notebook a goal for the day: write a blog post. I wish to return to the routine of writing twice a week. So here I am now, staring a the screen. This I hadn't planned. It feels as if I should have elaborated that the writing should come with ease. 

Staring at a screen poses a question: Must I force the writing because I set myself a goal or would it be wiser to let go? From the words appearing here you can see that I am determined to fill the blank page. Isn't one of the core lessons that when without ideas or not in the mood, then especially, one should start writing to remove whatever block there was?  

Now here's another question: If I am writing for the sake of writing, wouldn't it make sense to keep this kind of writing in a journal and blog only when there is a thought or emotion that needs expressing, a memory to preserve, a possible idea to fully form and craft? The question wouldn't even exist if I kept up with daily journaling. In an ideal world, where I would be my best self with daily journaling habit, I would have a plethora of ideas to choose from. The last time I wrote in a journal was in October. 

The third question is: Does a blog post count if nobody reads it? It's similar to the empty woods and a falling tree question. Does it make a sound if nobody is there to hear it? It might matter if the purpose of the writing is to attract audience. My purpose is to meet a goal I set for myself. My goal for today is part of a bigger picture to return to the writing habit. 

I think I can congratulate myself. I wrote. i met my goal. I hope to be here next Thursday also. 

A photo by Birgit Varblane.

1 comment: