Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

change of plans

 "How are you? What's your plan for tomorrow?" my sister asked in a phone call last Friday evening.

When her call came, I had already changed into comfy clothes, sat on my living room sofa and drank ruby oolong. Exhausted from the five school days and evenings that included a dance lesson, an online coaching session and a peer-group meeting, I was thankful that Friday evening was event free. I had also decided not to cook and asked my husband to bring some pizza. 

"I am great, The week is over and this weekend I plan to only sleep and read. It's going to be great to be at home and do nothing," I answer honestly and with audible excitement over the weekend plans.

"You don't have your course this weekend?" my sister checks.

"No the course is form next Thursday to Sunday. This weekend is the only one this month when I don't have to go anywhere," I answer and inquire, "What are you up to?"

"Well, I was supposed togo to theatre with L. and now I am coughing like a horse and I am afraid they'll throw us out if I cough this badly in the theatre," she starts slowly.

I wait for her to continue. I already suspect what will follow.

"Is there any way you could go with him? As you know mom will go to the countryside tomorrow. I am afraid if L. goes with dad, they'll leave half way. He has never been to ballet before. I bought the tickets six months ago already," she explains.

So this is what I had to weigh: 

do-nothing, stay-home, my-time 

vs. 

my 6yo nephew's first ballet, Nutcracker


Here's the answer:




(photo posted with my sister's permission)

2 comments:

  1. I think you made the right choice. When the unexpected happens sometimes a change of plans is needed. It pays to be flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terje, I knew you would select the ballet with your nephew. He's adorable and I am sure you enjoyed yourself with him. Life is unpredictable. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete