Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Why so many pictures?

"Oh, what a wonderful morning" - a phrase from an old tune surfaced in my mind during my morning walk. The morning could not have been any more perfect - lush greenery, warmth, sunshine, lilacs. So many lilacs! I wasn't the only one stopping on my tracks to inhale the sweetness. And to take photos. 

"Oh, what a wonderful morning" - didn't the phrase follow with "oh, what a glorious day"? Could the day really follow with calm and beauty like the morning?

It remained a wish. The end of the school year tends to bring a longer than usual to-do-list, the feeling of being overwhelmed more than usual, and heightened emotions that fuel conflicts between kids and make some adults to react childishly too sometimes. Even when I have thought that my day is under the control and the morning peace allows me to stay standing and calm, the unplanned issues and tasks sneak through the bubble and don't leave me completely untouched. Having the daily walks, admiring the beauty and recording it in photos allows me to bounce back quickly. That particular day was no different. By the end of the day I was thankful that I had taken pictures. I had found light and colour. I added this to my gratitude list. 

I need so many pictures.  

My collection of #capturinggratitude photos has been growing during the last two weeks of school, both from the morning walks and the from the walks when I took breaks from writing the reports on the weekend.  








6 comments:

  1. For some reason our lilacs didn't bloom this year. I missed them. Your photos are beautiful. They are relaxing and spread beauty and joy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are one of the reasons that spring is my favorite season - I love seeing the plants come to life, and the flowers begin to bloom. Thank you for the pictures - I needed a bit of gratitude in my day, too. School just ended for us - and for me permanently. Good luck finishing up the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures from a wonderful morning!
    Diane/newtreemom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking photos of beautiful things - and your photos are certainly that! Like you, I find comfort - and gratitude in this beauty as the neverending end of year to do lists grow. Somehow, the photos help me slow down. I am grateful that you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Gorgeous photos. I can see why they could bring back a sense of order. A lovely reminder to slow down and be thankful for the beauty in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terje, your slice brought me such peace this morning after I went outside to find some of my flowers blooming. I am grateful for your photos and this statement: "Even when I have thought that my day is under the control and the morning peace allows me to stay standing and calm, the unplanned issues and tasks sneak through the bubble and don't leave me completely untouched." I love your boat scene and would love to add it to my Poetryliscious Gallery Padlet.

    ReplyDelete