Pages

Monday, March 21, 2022

What do you need to find time for?

What do you need to find time for?

I need to find time to write a project reflection, prepare the lessons for a week, sort the boxes moved from one room into another for a renovation time, meal plan and make a shopping list, take a photo of a desk and offer it for a donation, do laundry, watch another episode of Mastercalss, read articles for the coaching course, to make lines and tables. 

Where does one find time? Time shop or time forest, time catalogue or neighbouring time village? And how to you search time? Systematically or hoping to stumble upon it? 

Wouldn't it be better if time found me? It would call my name, greet me joyfully, sit next to me and we could forget all the to-do lists with duties and evaluations, the annoying tasks that take effort and energy and soon need to be started all over. 

What can you do if you can't find time? Some things don't need much time. You wash a tea cup in a blink, hug for twenty-five seconds, put a t-shirt in a hamper as soon as you take it off, stretch and bend between tasks that glue you to a sofa and screen. Haven't you timed how long it takes to sneeze or yawn?

Why find time? Take time? Make time? Calling mom and listening to a teenager. Sleeping.

What kind of time do you hope to find? Winter time or summer time? Me-time? Togetherness-time? Valuable time? Creative time? Didn't a poet find time, time to live and love? 

How long has time been lost? Why hasn't anyone found it? Have you tried "Lost" poster or an audition invitation? What's the award for finding time? Maybe someone took time to lost and found, have you looked? What if someone forgot it in a timeout corner?

Who lost time? Or did time get lost by accident? Or on purpose?  What if time to time it hides from our demands, unmet needs and obnoxious wants? What must the time feel when we constantly complain that we don't have enough? "Not-enough" is hard to live with. 

Maybe we should value time more? Give it as a gift rather than require it?

What if time doesn't want to be found? What if it has turned into soapsuds, moonbeams, or the silver lining on a cloud? 

What if we let time to be in peace, wiggle its toes and whistle? 

7 comments:

  1. I love this slice. You personifying so many many different aspects of this word. I love the ending, too! THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this slice. You personifying so many many different aspects of this word. I love the ending, too! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I took time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This slice is so thought-provoking. You have me wondering what I need to make or find time for...or did I waste that time this weekend when I rested?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your slice makes me think of how obsessed we are as a society about time. There are so many phrases that deal with this concept--find time, lose time, waste time, take time, make time...you do a great job of capturing these. My favorite line is "Wouldn't it be better if time found me?" I would love for that to happen more often. Tam Truong

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is incredibly original, creative, and outs-de-the-box thinking everywhere! I am jealous! I wish I had written it. I want to read it several times before I leave this page. Time is the currency of education. I love the idea of exploring what I need time for and how I can make it happen and what to do if time cannot be found. Such a great piece! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your slice is an echo of mine in that we both have choices to make about how we spend our time. I battle this every day. When will there be enough time? When will I get enough sleep? When will I feel all the balls I have in air come to rest beside me? You've got me thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding time is like trying to find those round-to-it’s that I never seem to get to. I wonder if there is a catalog where some can be purchased.

    ReplyDelete