Other teachers followed with more hugs, more cards, more flowers, more good wishes, chocolate, tea and candy. The school gave me a cheese basket as a gift.
The kids arrived one by one and they too had orgnised a surprise for me. They brought several giraffe themed gifts - a cup, a beaded giraffe head, a stuffed giraffe (to add to our class animals), a pocket mirror with a giraffe on the cover, a card with a dancing giraffe and a small self-written picture book about how our class adopted a dancing baby giraffe as a class pet. I have mentioned giraffes, and dancing giraffes, a few times (it could be that more than a few times over the several months of school), and somebody obviously remembered.
As my gift to my colleagues and students I shared lots of candy, a tradition from the time I used to be a student.
There is also no doubt about my identity. I am Terje, the dancing giraffe, and as you can see form the card a beautiful and graceful one.
This is so sweet! It is obvious how you are beloved by your school community!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! Thank you for sharing it with us!
ReplyDeleteI love how your community celebrated you!! What wonderful surprises!!! So much love!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine the joy you felt walking into your classroom seeing all of those goodies and then the special surprises from your students. I think this says so much about you and the impact you have on those around you. Congratulations as you continue to celebrate your birthday.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what beautiful tulips and that cake! Such sweet celebrations of your birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day! You are very loved. :) I had no idea you were into giraffes...how cute!
ReplyDelete