Hi, friends!
Sorry I can't stay.
I am in a hurry.
My fingers don't type fast enough to tell you about all the things that happened today, that were said today, were heard today. Too many things, too many words, too many emotions. Some good, some bad. I wish people used common sense and talked to each other. Or sometimes talked less. Or didn't say anything at all.
I would like to you know that after I finish this piece and pack my bag I will go to a literary event. My writing course teacher published her third poetry collection. I bought it yesterday, before going to a dinner with friends, and read it during a train ride home, while my daughter snoozed next to me.
I am in a hurry.
Sorry I can't stay.
Bye, friends!

There are days and then there are THOSE DAYS! Sometimes time flies by and we end up not knowing if we are coming or going. So much happening, both good and bad, that our minds just can't process it all.
ReplyDeleteThose hurry days can be so fast and furious! Here's to still showing up to write! Have fun on your writing retreat!
ReplyDeleteI like how even though this is short, I still learn so much about you. You've had a hard day and are fristrated by the current communication or lack of communication among people. I also know how much you value writing, so much so that you buy the newest oublished work and read it on the train and spend your time attending author events. ALL this from your short, quick slice. I predict that your ending of this day was best part of this day. Thnaks for squeezing in the time to post and share today!
ReplyDeleteYou can feel the hurriedness in your voice in this slice. Lots going on, on your way somewhere, and lots to think about!
ReplyDelete