On this Saturday morning, my favourite time of the week, outside the snow keeps falling, gently and slowly, adding another soft layer to the ever growing thick layer covering the land. The amount of snow and cold we have had this year allows people to call the winter a "real winter", the kind of winter that people who are several decades old remember from their childhood. The breath-taking beauty of the slow snow fall makes one dream and wonder, hold the whole world in a view and think of the tiny snowflakes each unique and special. And for a while the sense of peace envelopes everything.
On this Saturday morning, my favourite time of the week, inside I keep sitting on my sofa, calm and relaxed, adding another layer of words to my ever growing blog. Almost five decades old, I am still not always sure what the "real me" is like. Sometimes, I think I have found myself, a curious child grown into a wise woman, who still dreams and wonders, feels the interconnectedness of everything and understands that my knowledge and experience make me one of a kind. And for a while a sense of peace envelopes me. I am thankful that as I get older these moments last longer. Maybe this is why turning fifty is good.
My favourite photo by Birgit Varblane from the natural woman photo shoot.
All post about turning 50.
Confession: Fifty was my hardest birthday to accept...now that it's a good bit behind me, I have relaxed into this stage of life much more. I still love snow, I still dream, I still love most of the things I loved as a child. In fact, I love many of them more. The photo exudes a natural grace and dignity - fifty IS good.
ReplyDeleteThe love the reflectful acceptance in these two inside/outside perspectives...you and the world.
ReplyDeleteThis picture is perfect. I love the way you present 50, and your thoughts on it ring true.
ReplyDeleteI love joining you on your couch for Saturday morning words & peace. And your picture is full of openness and peace.
ReplyDelete