Päike paitab pehmelt põske. Vesi vuliseb vaikselt jões. Pardipaar paterdab kaldal. Tihased vilistavad vallatult. Pungad puudel on punnis. Kõnnin kenal kevadhommikul, jalg kerge ja meel helge. Jalutuskäik enne kaugõppe päeva laeb mind energiaga. Tulgu, mis tuleb, prageu on kõik ilus ja rahulik. Rõõmsat kevadet!
English translation:
(I do my best with the translation. Some words and sounds and playfulness get lost. I hope that the light and happy feeling still comes across)
The sun gently stokes my cheek. Water quietly murmurs in the river. A duck couple waddles on the shore. The blue tits whistle playfully. The buds on the branches buldge. I walk on this spring morning, lightness in the feet and brightness in the spirit. A stroll in the morning before the distance learning day charges me with energy. Come hat may, right now everything is beautiful and calm. Happy Spring!

This is beautiful both in written word and in spoken! So fascinating to hear this in your language and enjoy the translation - though I don’t understand the words, the lilt and excitement of springtime comes through in your voice and matches what I do know is happening in the English version!
ReplyDeleteSpringtime lightenes the heart. The lightness and joy shines through in your words.
ReplyDeleteI loved hearing you speak your slice in Estonian, Terje!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous spring day you captured here. It's getting me more excited for my afternoon walk.
This was so much fun to listen to especially- and you’re right! Sounds so playful. I have found it SO challenging to directly translate my Farsi to English and carry the beauty in both directions, but you’ve done it here so well! Beautiful in both languages. Xox
ReplyDeleteI love listening to you!! I also think that you nail it in both languages! I don't even try to write in English today!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful way to start your day! I love listening to you speak in Estonian and also seeing the way Estonian is written. I also loved your note that it was hard to get the exact feel in translation, because isn't that the beauty of languages? It's not just knowing one word for another. Your vivid imagery in English is beautiful and evokes the springtime feeling perfectly, so I wish I knew what the even more precise version feels like in Estonian! Thank you so much for sharing your Estonian with us! I hope you'll continue blogging in Estonian some more Fridays!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting the recording of you reading your slice. I've never heard Estonian and it's beautiful, as are your descriptions of spring.
ReplyDeleteYes, indeed, the playfulness and beauty of your spring day comes through in the English as well. I love hearing your voice speaking Estonian. Thank you for sharing your #MultiFri post!
ReplyDelete