Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2020

The post that wanted to be written

I feel that I am writing about the same things over and over. This is what I need. Writing things out of my system is my way of grounding myself, returning to the present, shifting focus back to what's good. It's not so much about creating literary pieces, rather it's about listening to myself, knowing that I have my inner resources to handle whatever is going on inside and around me. 

Here's today's post that wanted to be written:

I don’t know, I don’t know,

On some days 

I don’t know what to do 

When the everything becomes too much

When the noise around and inside gets too loud

When the time seems to spin too fast

I don’t know what is really going on

Whether what I think I see is really what is there 

Whether what I think I hear is really what is said

Whether what I am doing is what I should be doing

I don’t know how to recognize the truth

how to view the kaleidoscope of perspectives 

how to navigate in the maze of the human relationships

how to assemble the puzzle pieces of human hearts

I don’t know, I don’t know

Why it’s so difficult to hold myself up

Why it’s so complicated to sort my thoughts and emotions

Why it’s so challenging to keep going and doing and being

I don’t know, I don’t know

Whether I know who I am,

Whether the “who I am” I have constructed is the same as others see

Whether the actions and reactions of others mirror more them or me

I know, I know

I know what to do

When I feel like closing my eyes

When I wish to let go and spread my arms

When I imagine myself falling, falling, falling

Hoping to land on a feather soft mattress

I know, I know

The best thing to do is to become still

The right thing to do is to slow down

The good thing to do is to take care of myself

I know, I know

I know what I need

I know my inner resources

I know how to breathe in and out


The wobble of the world sends a nervous vibration in the air, and I see my friends and colleagues catching the wobble, and worrying, some almost panicking, the stress level increasing, and sometimes it grabs hold of me, and I start doubting in myself and think that perhaps I should be worried more and be doing more, and darkness clouds my mind, and I let myself get overwhelmed. I need to remind myself that actually things are ok, I am ok, I am more than ok. I am enough. I get things done and I have built my resilience, I know how to take care of myself during the times of uncertainty. I know how to collect the little gems of happiness. Writing helps me to remember this. 



Finding the light and color:





9 comments:

  1. The world IS wobbling, the nervous vibration is all too real - yet this "post that wanted to be written" is a comforting reminder that we have the resources we need to carry on. I am so glad I sopped here to find your light and color - that poinsettia photo is absolutely gorgeous and lifts my spirit with its festive air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the truth of your words so strongly. I love this line: "Writing things out of my system is my way of grounding myself, returning to the present, shifting focus back to what's good." This is so true and so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This question of "I am doing is what I should be doing" is one I have struggled with over the past several years too. I know that "should's" can be so damaging but it is hard to overcome their pull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terje - As always I connect to your words and feelings. I especially loved:
    I don’t know how to recognize the truth

    how to view the kaleidoscope of perspectives

    how to navigate in the maze of the human relationships

    how to assemble the puzzle pieces of human hearts

    I don’t know, I don’t know

    If it's any comfort - I think the whole planet is feeling this way. It is so good to look for the light and the color. (That poinsettia is beautiful!) I find great solace in that! I also think THE NOT KNOWING is part of the journey, so I'm trying to accept that and dive right smack into the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So related to this:
    don’t know how to recognize the truth

    how to view the kaleidoscope of perspectives

    how to navigate in the maze of the human relationships

    how to assemble the puzzle pieces of human hearts

    Beautiful writing and I so feel your angst. Trying to dive in and do this important work also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, the poinsettia photo!
    "I know how to collect the little gems of happiness." Grateful for these afKeep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, meant to say - Please know that your writing is one my little gems. Keep writing!

      Delete
  7. The pandemic blues cannot dismiss the beauty of nature, Terje. As I unveil my Abundant Autumn Gallery, I want you to know that you are always a part of the beauty presented. Today's post will share the Estonia countryside as seen through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the post that I needed to read. Terje, I am a better human because I read your writing. It grounds me. Thank you for writing real. And your picture -- ooolalala! Here's to being you...and knowing it is more than enough.
    xo,
    ruth

    ReplyDelete