Today the kids brought little snacks (pizza, chocolate, muffin, apple, candy), I brought a cup of white tea and cinnamon rolls (baked from scratch), nothing to share. We muted our microphones and the children took turns reading their award-winning slices. In the midst of the uncertain and crazy times, this afternoon was a bright moment, a beautiful writing celebration.
Today is the last day of SOLSC challenge. We have thirty-one slices on our blogs. We won't be able to read out loud our favourite slices to each other today. We can still celebrate. We can celebrate that we wrote, that we read, that we commented. We can celebrate that the we were here together, for each other, as a community. We can celebrate the resilience and growth and joy we have because of writing.
I shared a gift of ideas with you yesterday.
I wish to share some spring pictures with you today. Last Saturday my hubby and I went to my summer place for a few hours. The sea, the signs of spring and a cup of tea - peace. I hope som eof the peace carries to you through the pictures.
I have received abundant gifts of words from you this month. Thank you, my SOL friends!
See you next Tuesday!
There is so much to celebrate as we conclude this month of daily writing. Your pictures are a great reminder of the beauty the world has to offer. See you next Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your words and photos this month. See you on Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteYour posts always bring me a global perspective on life, Terje. I thank you for inspiration found within your words and photos. I am starting a new venture for National Poetry Month. Since life has been a bit hectic these past few years. New granddaughters and life in general will do this. I have decided to recharge my delight in nature, especially now during the pandemic to bring beauty and voice out into a world filled with fear. Tomorrow, I will share my thoughts further. I have chosen two of your photos to include and would love to have your students consider sharing their views on the topic, "Nature Nurtures," through poetry and photos. Your photos are wonderful prompts for their thoughts of how nature impacts their lives in positive ways during #QuarantineLife. I hope you are interesting in this venture.
ReplyDeleteMmm.... those flowers are a gift in and of themselves. Thank you. Thank you, too, for your posts and your words this month. I am trying to help our neighbourhood children keep SOL blogs (remotely) in April, so I'm also delighted to hear that your students had such a nice celebration. I will look for you on Tuesdays.
ReplyDeleteThese photos of the flowers are stunning! Thank you! And these lines are wonderful: " We can celebrate that we wrote, that we read, that we commented. We can celebrate that the we were here together, for each other, as a community. We can celebrate the resilience and growth and joy we have because of writing."
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading all of your posts this month - thank you for sharing all of your slices!
I always enjoy this SOL journey with you, and this year was no different! Thank you for encouraging me along the way. I love this last slice of yours. It's a testament to the kind of teacher you are. I can just picture the virtual writer's celebration! Lovely photos, too. Thanks for sharing. :) See you next week!
ReplyDelete