When my mind is confused, I listen to my heart.
When days are dark, I search for light and color.
I was knocked off my feet unexpectedly few weeks ago.
I was temporarily confused as to who I was.
I was hurt and darkness clouded my days.
My gratitude list grew long and lifted me up.
My heart helped me to find myself.
The light and color of the last summer day.....
Thanks for this post Terje- I believe strongly in the power of gratitude. It's easy to overlook when you get knocked down- I feel it can be easier to be a victim. I'm glad your gratitude list lifted you up!
ReplyDeleteYou are brave to write this post. And wise to share your thinking about the power of gratitude. Like you, I find focusing on gratitude helpful during dark times. I hope the light returns for you soon.
ReplyDeleteWhen times are tough we need a gratitude list to remind ourselves about all of the good things we have. You are wise to create such a list.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, Terje. Thank you for reminding us of the power of gratitude and opening our hearts when we want to close them the most. That takes courage. - Krista
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! I think I might need a gratitude list tonight!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos and this line is especially wonderful: "My gratitude list grew long and lifted me up." I hope that you're continuing to find light and color in your days.
ReplyDeleteTerje, it is so comforting when we turn our heart toward a gratitude spirit. I am so sorry that you felt confused and troubled. Your photo walks perked you up. You have great shots of the last days of summer.
ReplyDelete