Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Gathering energy

Empty. This is how I felt last week when I wished to write my slice. Many fascinating things had happened the week before - opera, movie, art auction, visiting a fashion designer with my class, experimenting in a science lab, vision conference Estonia 2035, seeing an old friend, multiple cups of tea with colleagues - plenty to write about, but I had no energy, no words. I had nothing to say. I was ready to crawl into my bed and stay there for a week. Too much happening, not enough sleep. Good things happening, but still, not enough rest. The only thing giving me energy to get out of the bed the next mornings and keep going was the promise of Spring Break starting on Friday.

Friday arrived with sunshine and a trip to a countryside.

I took my camera and went looking for spring. The spring hadn't arrived in full glory, yet. I found a little patch of wood anemone next to a rock, few blue anemones under a spruce hedge, two tulips and five daffodils in a flower bed, tiny buds on lilacs and birches, and a yellow butterfly dancing around in the garden. Not much. Plenty to make me smile.

Flowers, sea, fresh air, family, good food. I started to feel like a human being again.

Spring- photos only


6 comments:

  1. Spring has finally sprung here. I remember a few weeks ago, feeling like this line as I looked at some crocuses. "Not much. Plenty to make me smile."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same a week before you- spring break was so needed. Now we are back at it and the break is just a fond memory. Enjoy the respite (and the spring).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a beautiful spring day here. In face in a few minutes I am going out to cut the grass. I totally understand your feeling of being too drained to write. Glad you're back this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are enjoying the break and taking time to rest and smell the tulips. May your recovery be thorough and the temperatures just right for venturing outdoors when you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It s amazing what the break can do for you. Sometimes leaving home and changing your environment can also reinvigorate you. This s a very honest and true post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo is beautiful and just reading of your search for spring is refreshing - an invitation to celebrate the stuff of life that matters most.

    ReplyDelete